Picking a left handed bow

Discussion in 'Left Handed Bows' started by popeye_59, Feb 2, 2015.

1. popeye_59

popeye_59 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious how you guys decide what bow to buy, or is it just me.
    I'm 5'6" tall with a draw length of 26 1/2 set at 60 lbs
    I choose bow by reviews and what friends shoot
    I would love to go to a pro shop and shoot different bows before i buy but they don't usually stock them.
    every time I buy a new bow I have to order it and wait-n-wait-n-wait
    By the way I'm looking for another bow so please give me your recommendations.:bow:

2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think your best bet is to shoot the right handed version left handed. I'm right handed but have shot a lot of lefty bow right handed and am in the process of learning to shoot my righty bow lefty. The feel isn't much different.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  3. popeye_59

popeye_59 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i'm interested how do you setup your rest and sight. is their a special way to hold the bow. I really don't do anything right handed. Ill definitely try this with my sons bow. It will make him a little uncomfortable I shot one of his bows right handed and hit the pole that held the target up. Well even if he wont let me it will be cool just seeing his face when I ask:lol:

4. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For me it really hasn't been any different. I just pick up the bow however it's set up and if it's a lefty that I'm shooting right handed I just shoot it exactly how I normally shoot. To me there's really no difference others than the cable slide can get in the way on certain setups. Other than that there really isn't anything different. If I shoot left handed it's weird still. I'm still getting the hang of it but that's more do to the fact it's just backwards for me. Just try it. You'll see it's not much different.

5. JP Thornsley

JP Thornsley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Don't by online. U want to make sure u like the feel of it before u buy it. Buying local is always better. I bought my bow 2yrs ago from a local bow shop and I love it![​IMG]

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Tribeck likes this.
  6. santiago0072002

santiago0072002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Road trip!!! Go to a pro shop, shoot until you find what you like. Usually at least in South Carolina, the one you shoot and you like, that's the one you take home. I am right handed but left eye dominant so for me I usually shot better lefty, I mean way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums