No Cam HTR

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by kurveball18, Jan 28, 2015.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just thought i'd share my experience so far with the No Cam HTR. Most guys post their #'s from 65-70pound draw bows. But us guys who only have a draw weight of 50-60 we kinda don't have much info so I thought i'd share my experience last night at the shop.

My current bow is a Hoyt Turbohawk set at 51 pounds. I went to the proshop here and said i'd like to shoot the No Cam HTR once more but also shoot my arrows through a chrono as I didnt want to get a bow that was slower that my current bow even though i'm not a speed freak as this bow is for hunting. I shot my Easton Axis 400 arrow weighing in at 386 grains which they told me was a heavy arrow. I shot my Hoyt first (51 pounds) and it chrono'd at 242fps. I then shot the Mathews No cam set at 53 pounds. Now heres the funny part..... (Duplicate). It shot the exact same thing. Guess you just had to be there to get the humor out of it. The Mathews No cam was by far easier to pull as well so i'll prolly have it at about 55 pounds by hunting season. My draw length is 27.5"

Anyways, Just thought i'd share as most of the stats posted are from guys pulling 65-70 pounds. So us smaller not so strong guys were kind of left in the dark. Hope this helps some of us smaller stature guys if your in the market.

2. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am by no means an espert, but common sense tells me you witnessed in real time what an IBO for a no cam bow would do compared to a cam bow with the same IBO.

I think the more posts put out there such as yours will dispell the hate mail about this new bow. Thanks for sharing. I will be able to do likewise in a few more weeks when mine shows up (not like there are already 2,893 reviews out there).

3. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:

Keep in mind, this bow IS cammed. The string track is not cammed which is how it gets its name No Cam ST- HTR. If this bow was not cammed then you would have 0% let-off

I think this bow is a sweet bow and will be a fantastic "Hunting" bow for a lot of people.

4. roadrunner

Dislikes Received:
    I believe the smaller string track is the offset wheel and the larger ones are centered about the axle. The smaller wheel for he cables gives it the camming action and the centered wheel with the string gives it the smooth draw.

That's how it looked to me in the pics and video of it being drawn.

5. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do you you know which let off modules you were shooting on the HTR?

6. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    I have the 85% off Modules on it at 28" draw. I actually have the 27.5 inch modules on order so i'm guessing i'll lose a few fps but i'm also going to be turning up the poundage a tad

7. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    Just to add a little bit more to this thread now that I've had a good amount of time to shoot the bow. I cant stress how much I love this bow. I am by no means considered a really good shot. I'm just a average joe that shoots in the backyard or in the basement. I've been dealing with target panic for a few years now and finally starting to get rid of it. With that said, I have put about 50 arrows through this bow and I have had countless groups at 20 yards where all 3 arrows were touching. The bow is soooooooo consistent. Some guys do not like that it is a tad on the heavy side but I think that really helps with how quite and smooth the bow is. It will also help a bit hunting out in those breezy conditions with a good stabilizer. I havent got my stabilizer yet but i'm leaning towards the 8" bee stinger sport hunter. Just not sure how the quick disconnect works yet you can get for it. I'm use to just putting my bow away in the case with the stab on the bow but now that i've realized i'm a better shot with a bit longer stabilizer I think I want to go with that so i'm looking at options for ease of use ect. Anyways. Have a good weekend guys.

8. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Bro! Keep shooting them tight groups. This Fall deer are in trouble! I am looking forward to getting my No Cam HTR soon.

9. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great review, and thanks for the follow up. I'm not in the market for new bow, but this is one that I may have to go look at. If it's a bit heavier, that's good to me, as I like a heavier bow for more shooting stability.

As far as QD for the stabilizer, I use the Cobra ones, a little cheaper and work real well. A 1/4 turn and you can fold the stab up, or you can set it up to be removed when loosened.

Good choice on the B-Stinger, you'll have extra weights on the front that you can remove or add to, depending upon how your setup balances and holds. I have the 8" on one bow, the 10" on the other, and had a 6" on another that I sold a while back. All made a huge difference in how the bow held steady and shot.

Good luck, sounds like your shooting is coming along great!

V

10. Shooter.556

Shooter.556 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all about smooth up in a treestand. Thats why I hunt with a Z7 and 3D with it too.
    I was all about speed for 3D but I find as I'm older that smooth is what I like. .
    These are gonna take off for Mathews and be the next thing. .They needed this technology, they caught a lot of flak for basically building a Z7 for 4 years and callin it a Heli M and a Creed the last two.

11. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    I tell ya, I've struggled with target panic for the last 5-6 years where I couldnt even put my finger on the trigger and would typically punch the trigger. Ever since I got this bow and the hours of practice I have put in over the past 2 monthes I can honestly say i'm starting to feel more comfortable putting my finger on the trigger and squeeezing it off. Its really starting to pay off. Here is a group from yesterday. Its such a good feeling I just had to share. Bow.jpg

12. roadrunner

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear kurveball, always nice when things come together. I hear you about the target panic issue.