GA couple found murdered..

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MartinHunter, Jan 26, 2015.

1. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All they wanted was a 66 mustang convertible, they found one on Craiglist...The man called they called back they arranged a meeting in Telfair county..now the couple is dead....

Good news if there can be any they already have a suspect in custody...

"Authorities said they have found two bodies believed to be those of a missing Cobb County couple after a long search Monday.

During a press conference late Monday afternoon, Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said the bodies of a man and woman matching their description were found a short ways away from the car belonging to the couple. They said that car was found submerged in a lake.

"My heart goes out to the Runion family. We've done everything we possibly could do to get this family found, get their parents found, unfortunately it's a sad outcome, but hopefully there will be some closure knowing that they have been located," Sheriff Steverson said during a press conference Monday afternoon.

Earlier in the day, FOX 5 learned that that the suspect in the disappearance of a Cobb County couple had turned himself in to authorities. Officials confirmed the suspect custody to Newsradio 1067 and FOX 5 Monday morning. Officials were not able to offer details of the arrest, only to confirm that Ronnie "Jay" Towns, 28, is in custody.

Earlier, Telfair Sheriff's investigators obtained warrants for Towns, wanted in the case of missing Bud and June Runion of Cobb County.

Towns will be charged for giving false statements and criminal attempt to commit theft by deception, but additional charges will be pending following the outcome of an autopsy of the two bodies that were found.

Family members tell FOX 5 that the missing couple in their 60's was last seen in Marietta Thursday morning headed towards McRae, GA. to look at a Mustang that was posted on Craigslist. Investigators say Towns responded to that ad, that he had a vehicle for them to look at. The couple drove down to meet up with him and they have been missing ever since.

This story is breaking. Check back here at myfoxatlanta.com for more as it becomes available and tune into FOX 5 News at 5 and 6 for live reports. Those shows are always streamed on our homepage. If you have any additional information, pictures or video on this story, email [email protected]."

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sad story.

3. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The couple has local ties to here... crazy *** people out there.

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Watching this story now. First saw it yesterday! Very Sad! If he is guilty, they should Execute him ASAP! But, we know how it will play out.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  5. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    looking at the pic of the dude , not the type of guy you would suspect to rob and kill you... looks like a good ol boy GA red neck...

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    and ASAP if he is guilty..

8. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So what's the motive here? Just to rob these people? Knowing they had cash on them?

I think most criminals have a false calculation of risk vs. reward.

I agree with the immediate execution. Public hanging. Let's start making an example. At least this way maybe they start figuring the risk v reward better.

9. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe so they had enough cash to buy a 66 stang convert not sure what the amount was but guessing $10k or so.. and thanks to Barrett Jackson could have been more..

10. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    guy sorta looks like Joe average someone you might go deer hunting with..

[​IMG]

11. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing he only had a couple more trailer payments, and then it was all gonna be his.

I hope Buba enjoys his milky white complexion in their cells shadows for years and years to come........................

12. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sad.

I've sold and bought a few things on Craig's list and I always meet the people in a very public place if I am selling and ask to meet in a public place if buying. I don't want them coming to my place to case the joint and I don't want to be at their house. Its kind of paranoid but we sure live in a crazy world.

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    More than likely an underlying drug problem.

14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Day 1-You commit a heinous murder of two elderly folks trying to find a nice car to cruise in as they age
    Day 1/2-you are taken into custody and admit to the murder/sign an admission of guilt
    Day 1-3-All evidence is processed and sent off to the state lab
    Day 30-40 the evidence begins returning from the lab and it corroborates your admission of guilt
    Day 31-41---You meet the below figure on your way to hell

[​IMG]

15. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    this comment was totally uncalled for it sort of sounds like a back handed insult to southerners, having lived in the south for now 30 of my 53 years I can say they don't all live in trailers and have relations with their kin... But I have come to expect this from some folks who live in the northeast..

BTW they think you folks talk funny too....:p

16. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    We do talk funny, it comes with having our teeth, and I'm sorry to hear about your predicament,with a little luck and God willing you can get out of there, on a side note "mail order" could solve the kin folk dilemma . Just sayin........

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  17. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sickening that things like this seem to be becoming more common. It seems like the more of these things are posted on the internet and watched on the news, the more it happens. Is media/social media making people sicker than normal or did we just not hear about it before?

18. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for taking a serious thread and adding your pointless comments.

19. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    So besides adding a picture of this white trash, drug addicted POS's sister to this thread, what exactly do you have to add.
    All of his neighbors tell tales of what a great guy he is, a smart guy, good worker and they are all shocked.
    Says a lot about the character of the local folks.

Shocked? I'm not! not shocked at all, or surprised, why?

Because smart guys, that work hard, don't brutality murder a couple of old folks that are simply enjoying their golden years, around here we look out for them and respect them, and love them as they are our parents.
    Yea.....it Must just be a northern thing.