Tenzing Packs...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Dogfish, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have experience with this brand? Looking a few models.. Wonder if anyone can give me some feedback.

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My only experience is with the women's 1215 pack. It's a great pack. Well made. Great for the narrower build of women. I also have a Badlands Kali pack which is also very well made. Tho' I prefer the shoulder straps on the Tenzing just a bit better (particularly if carrying a gun on a sling)

Badlands packs are a bit more popular out here than the Tenzings. If you can, go to a store that has them both.

3. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have one, I think it is called the slingshot. Its a small pack that I use for checking cameras, shed hunting, or going fishing. It only has one shoulder strap and a waist strap. If I get another, I would get one with 2 shoulder straps. I feel the pack would ride better on your back with 2 straps. But over all the pack is built very strong and nothing has broke on it yet.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have a TZ2200 that I used sporadically throughout this past season. Very well made pack that stood up to plenty of my use and abuse.

5. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the 1200....nice small pack....really well built....i would def buy one again given the choice....i like badlands as well however in my case the tenzing seems to be a little tougher

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For day packs they are fine, they make a great pack. Light weight, well built and thoughtfully designed . I have a TZ1140

For pack fame/ larger packs I think they are serviceable however I think there are better options on the market.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015