Welcome to Indy! A few suggestions to all those visiting.

Discussion in '2015 ATA Show Coverage' started by indynotch50, Jan 8, 2015.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to everyone that is in Indy for the ATA show. If there's you have any questions just let me know.

Beer:
    Sun King is the big local beer. The crème ale lager and wee mac (dark) are my personal favorites. If you like beer, this is a must.
    Three floyds is also a good Indiana beer. Most of their beers are very hoppy.
    The brewery is downtown as well if you have some time to venture out.
    There are a number of other breweries as well around the city. All are a pretty quick cab ride.

Food:
    South of downtown you'll find an up and coming area call fountain square. It's full of hipsters and he wife is afraid to take me there, but the food is good. Whiskey Tango and B Po Boys are my favorites here. There's also a Mexican joint that is called la margarita and it has a book of margarita choices.
    Downtown there are a ton of places on Mass Ave. Chatham tap is a great soccer bar, 46 is good sushi place, Nine irish brothers is new but I've heard good reviews, there are a few pizza places as well on that strip.
    Scotty's is right downtown and it's very good. They even have an Indiana venison sandwich that is really good.
    Kilroy's is right downtown on Georgia street, bar food but good.

Indiana's most famous food is the shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's. It's extremely hot so be careful. It's a pricey joint but not if you just go in for the sc.

Again, if there's any questions you have, just let me know.
    I may be out and about tomorrow after work if anyone wants to get dinner or just hang out.

Chris

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, This post make me wish I was down there even more that I already do :busted:

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info! We were working all night so ended up getting some pizzas from Bazbeaux. Pretty good stuff! We did St. Elmos a few years back and it was awesome. May try to hit that tomorrow night. Or maybe I'll splurge on a Ruth's Chris steak if I can get one of these cheapos to join me.

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh! If you're looking for a cool bar, try out Nikki Blaine's. It's on the south side of the circle. It's basically a low lit cigar bar. Pricey but a good laid back time.

Ruth's Chris is alright, but if you're going to spend that much, hit up Fogo de Chao. It's the Brazilian steakhouse that's all you can eat.

5. tiabarber

tiabarber Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They have some of the usual questions, and a few new ones. ... He was still more surprised when he was told that Hearn was a Cincinnati man, to all intents. ... He calls Indianapolis the cleanest city he has ever visited, but declines to say ... in Indianapolis, thanking him for those effusive comments in the Indianapolis papers.