HHA Optimizer Kingpin Lite???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by AndyWest83, Jan 5, 2015.

1. AndyWest83

AndyWest83 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had experience yet with this sight? I was considering getting one when they come out but I am a little leery. For one they retail about $400. For two I have never had a adjustable single pin, only shot 3 pin sights so I am nervous about adjusting it in the field when buck fever sets in... hahahah. Any info or thoughts would be great. Thanks

2. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HHA makes great sites. But so do a lot of other companies. I shoot an HHA currently but will be looking elsewhere (Black Gold) when I get my new bow this spring. Too much $, IMO.

As far as adjusting in the field goes, you should be able to set it for 25 yards and leave it alone. If you do need to adjust it's very quick and simple.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Like Swamp said set at 25 and leave it alone.

4. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I currently shoot HHA, and absolutely love it. They are 100% in the USA. I don't know how the new one is, Im sure its just as good, but for that much more, I don't know if I could bring myself to spend that much on it. Adjustment is very simple, and extremely quick. Like others said, I leave mine set at 25 yards and its very accurate. If your gonna spend that much, spend the extra 20$ and get a way bigger housing.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    MAP price on the cheapest King Pin model is $350 so I would imagine most shops will end up selling them for a few bucks cheaper than that - maybe in the $325-$330 range. That's for the .019 pin and 1 5/8" housing. It's certainly steep for a sight but you get what you pay for. The King Pin is rock solid, made 100% in the USA and is backed by probably the best lifetime warranty of any sight company out there. By all accounts it should really be the last sight you ever need to purchase.

With that said if you're tight on a budget there certainly isn't anything wrong with the original Optimizer Lite or the Lite Ultra. Both of those are also rock solid sights and have the same warranty for substantially less money. Personally I love the dial sights as the adjustment is quick and easy to dial into the exact yard you want to shoot. I'll be keeping a Lite Ultra on my backup bow as there's really no reason to change it.

6. AndyWest83

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Justin! I think I am leaning toward the optimizer ultra, for the price. But if I can get enough saved before the kingpin comes out I will buy that one. Problem is now I need to find somewhere to sight in a 60 yards in the winter. Most ranges around here only go to 30. Indoor that is. Thanks again Plus its windchill of -40 F today :(

7. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the HHA lite, and Im looking to upgrade to the lite ultra XL. Do you think there is a major advantage to the lite ultra, and how much heavier is it? The kingpin looks awesome, but I'll be waiting for the insane prices to drop. Is the wheel adjustment, much better? I love my Lite, but I got a new bow, and have some spending money for a sight. thanks

8. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. Jkeen86

Jkeen86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at the HHA kingpin but can't decide if I want to get a dove tail or not. Any big advantages of disadvantage of it. It's only 30 bucks more. thanks

10. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I recently purchased the Kingpin to put on my new Chill R. Had never had a single pin before and had the same apprehension as the OP. I have shot it for about 2 weeks and I can honestly say that I absolutely love this thing. I purchased the Kingpin for several reasons; American made, lifetime warranty, HHA reputation, 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments included (some other HHA sights require a kit), Magnifier on the sight tape which helps because of my older vision. The setup was very easy, shoot 20 mark your spot then shoot 60 and mark your spot, put the right tape on and you are golden. I have shot out to 80 yards and have been spot on at all distances in-between. I would definitely buy again. In hunting situations I normally have a 20 yard shot due to brush but as others have said given the situation where necessary I would set at 25 and be good out to about 35. If you are in a field or hunting out west adjusting the thing is very fast.

11. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No other single pin on the market touches the HHA in quality and desing. Yes they are pricey, but you get what you pay for. I dont shoot a king pin, just a simple OL-5019 but it was ten times the sights I tried from Spot Hogg to black gold. The black gold was nice but felt to cheap

12. dthbyhoyt

dthbyhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you are military , current or past ..HHA gives 25% off their sights as a thank you ..

13. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I have it and love it. Alot easier to adjust in a hurry with the magnify lens on the reel. And it's rock solid.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

14. always_lethal15

always_lethal15 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Kingpin, it's the greatest hunting sight I ever had. If you're looking for a deal you can buy it on eBay for $269 free shipping. That's the best price I've seen on it and where I got mine at.

15. AndyWest83

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^^ I did this

16. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HHA makes some of the best sights out there, but sounds like you'd be happy with the MBG ascent 3 pin...that way you could have 3 pins for quick hunting situation and adjustable for when you have time to adjust for an exact yardage or for practice over 40 yards.

17. Joe Collins

Joe Collins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is the ebay one confirmed authentic? Also, link please!

18. ILantlerhunter

ILantlerhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the king ping and I absolutely love it. The king pin is the first single pin sight I have ever shot and was very skeptical about it until I shot it. Its built extremely tough, scary accurate, and very easy to use..

19. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know this is about hha, but I have a MBG ascent and there is absolutely nothing on it that feels "cheap" to me. Personal opinion I know, but definitely worth looking at if in the market for a single pin

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

20. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only paid $160 for mine. Maybe one of the best deals I have ever got on eBay! Truly the best sight I have ever had!