Frisco Spices Venison Pork Breakfast sausage (w/pics and instructions)

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by DIY_guy, Dec 30, 2014.

1. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im evaluating the Old Style Breakfast Sausage seasoning from Frisco Spices. Sausage Making Casings - Jerky Supplies - Meat Seasonings from Frisco Spices While The packet will season 25 pounds of straight pork, Im using a venison pork mix.

[​IMG]

While the packet suggests 5 pounds of pork jowl and 20 pounds of venison, I like mine a little fattier. (It is breakfast sausage after all) and the pork adds moisture and flavor. Its really up to you and your tastes.

[​IMG]

I ground the two meats together through a 3/8th plate and then mixed the seasoning packet with 2 cups of cold water to help distribute the spices more evenly.

[​IMG]

Then the meat, spices and water got a spin in the mixer.

[​IMG]

The next step after mixing is to grind the meat again through a finer plate. This time its an 1/8th inch plate.

[​IMG]

The meat can be stuffed in casings to make links or bulk packed and the tubes sliced to make patties. Im bulk packing this batch.

[​IMG]

After a night in the freezer I take a tube out to slice and fry to check out the grind and the flavoring (and to have breakfast)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im please with the flavor of the Frisco Spices breakfast sausage. If I were to change anything for the next batch it would be to add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes since I like a little heat in my breakfast sausage.

If your looking for a new way to use your venison trim, this breakfast sausage seasoning is an easy choice.

2. Beefie

Beefie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin, Just south of the Green Bay Packers.
    Anther great write up, Why do I always read these and get hungry.lol

Beefie