Tagged out

Discussion in 'West' started by g791, Dec 24, 2014.

1. g791

g791 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'll try and make this short. Anything within my 50 yrd range was going down. On the third day I spotted this buck after a blown stalk on a small fork. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADjKu1crYso<br />*Stalked to 20 yds quartering away shot following a creek bed for cover with a follow up 40 yd shot that I lead to much and stuck him in the neck. Buck bedded down got to ten and missed low as the buck stood up and bounded off. I found out later that I knicked his left front inner leg.* Checked for blood in his bed and none. Jumped the buck once again and let down my bow to fast and sent an arrow into the side wall of a creek bed. [​IMG]<br />*Checked the bed for blood and found this. [​IMG]<br />*Most likely from the leg being knicked. On the search of the bucks trail I found good blood.[​IMG]<br />*After searching for a while I lost all track and sign while gathering my things I looked back in the direction to where I jumped the buck and there he was bedded 40 yds away. I knew he was hit good so I left him in his bed over night.<br />*Back at the car and it wouldn't start dead battery. Hiked all the way down Division creek and got a ride from the motel owner. If you ever stay up here I recommend http://mtwilliamsonmotel.com/ Cris the co-owner she is the best host ever. So that night my wife drove up a new battery and we headed up the next morning spotting some elk below sawmill pass.[​IMG]<br />*I hiked the battery two miles up to the car and off we went for the buck. [​IMG]<br />*Looking thru my spotting scope Buck Down! He's not the biggest but not a bad first archery buck.<br />*[​IMG]<br />*After tagging and quartering it took one trip to pack out. It all worked out in the end and heck having the wife saved me two extra trips on all the packing out.<br />[​IMG]<br />[​IMG][​IMG]<br />*There was bigger and better bucks on this hunt but it all came together on this 3x3 buck thanks for the read guys.[​IMG]<br /><br />Sent from my Torque<br/>

Sent from my Torque

2. Beefie

Beefie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin, Just south of the Green Bay Packers.
    Thanks for posting, You did a good job on tracking it down and doing everything in your power to find it. Great job . And it looks like you didn't get any blood on the wifes white shirt either. Win win.

Beefie

3. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good hunt!

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Congrats!!

5. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received: