Grandpa's recurve.

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by Todd Asher Bergstein, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Todd Asher Bergstein

Todd Asher Bergstein Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone. I just went through my grandpa addict and found this BEAUTIFUL Recurve bow. A Browning Explore II, It is 62 inches and 45lbs. Beautiful shape and not a scratch on it. I have a few questions. I have myself a Bear Authority compound bow that I just purchased about 10 months ago. I am fairly new to archery so forgive me if my questions are silly.

Where online would you guys recommend that I can order a bow string from?
    QUESTION #2... How and what do I need to know in order to order a bow string for this bow?
    And number 3 I feel like shooting a recurve is much different than shooting a compound bow. Any online resources you guys can recommend to me so I can learn proper form and what not would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

2. woodsman

woodsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probably the easiest place to get a new string would be 3Rivers archery, they have a web site you can check out. On a recurve the string should be 3 inches shorter than the bow… 62" bow = 59" string.. Brace height should be somewhere between 7 1/2" and 8"
    Order a B-50 material flemish twist string, don't get the fast flight it could damage the bow.. Lots of Traditional archery forums that you can ask questions on.. If you can find someone close to you that can give hands on help that would be the best.

You're always welcome to ask question here..