Two arrow Clinton...

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by JGD, Dec 6, 2014.

1. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Enjoyed this week's show very much. When I saw Clinton's bow being pulled into the tree with just two arrows in the quiver it made me chuckle. I have a friend who never has more than two arrows in his quiver and when I asked him about it he said it was so he wouldn't be tempted to shoot at coyotes when he was deer hunting. :D Congrats on the show and the success. Good stuff.

2. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haha I noticed that too. Not a bad idea for coyotes or in my case coons!

3. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Since broad heads come in three pack I always start the year out with three. Then after I shoot a deer I put it back in the case that way I don't try to use it again. I guess I never understood why people carried a half dozen arrows to the tree.

4. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've always had a 4 arrow quiver that I carry three broadheads and one either SGH or field tip in the extra spot

5. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I usually only carry 2-3 arrows on my quiver as well.

6. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot two coyotes in the first 20 minutes of a hunt in Kansas a couple years ago. An hour later I was happy to have two arrows left when a buck walked in. :) I'm concerned that I might miss a shot and then spine a deer with the next one. Arrows are light so I usually have 5 in my quiver. I don't always shoot coyotes but when I do, I prefer to have a couple extra arrows. :)

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I start with 6 arrows each season. I'll shoot deer, coyote or turkey throughout the year.

This year.my first shot was an unrecovered turkey, switched to the 6th arrow for my 5 arrow quiver. 2nd shot was a haircut on a coyote and that arrow got retired. 3rd shot buck, switched to a new broadhead left from last season. 4th shot was a doe so I now have 3 arrows in the quiver

I'll shoot a coyote over anything when it's presented, they need thinned big time.

8. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I noticed it too. Here in NC we can kill 6 deer a year so I have 5 in my quiver.

9. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I use the 4 arrow quiver... but i've never needed more than 1 arrow... YET! ;)

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You go to heavier arrows like you want Clinton and bet you just bring 1 arrow up next year haha! :D

11. Hossmiller

Hossmiller Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I went hunting with 2 arrows once. I had the mentality that it only takes one arrow. I was hunting an area that had a good buck as well as a lot of does. Obviously the buck was at the top of my list, but I had decided if a mature doe gave me a good opportunity I would take it. I sat most of the morning seeing several young does and spikes, but right before climbing down I saw a big doe coming through the woods on a trail that would pass 15 yards from my stand. She followed the script and I was able to make a good shot. Not long after she took off and I heard her crash, I hear the sound of a buck grunting. Sure enough here comes my hit list buck on the same trail the doe was on. As he got to about the same spot the doe was in when I shot her, I got a bad case of buck fever and made a less than perfect shot sending my gold tip right into his spine. He was down right there but suffered far longer than he should have. Had I had another arrow I would have made a quick follow up shot. I felt like I learned a valuable lesson that day.

12. Jeeper

Jeeper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed that too. Thought maybe he had dropped a few on the way to the stand. :) I used to carry three broadheads and two judos into my stand. Lately, I have downsized to only three broadheads. The reason for this is to prevent me from shooting at tree rats when I'm deer hunting. Hey, if you aren't seeing any deer and the boredom is rising, it becomes very tempting to take out a squirrel at 20 yards. :o

13. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Ahem... maybe in your own state :D

14. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    2 allowed per day, but who's counting ;)