What Cell Phone Are You Packing?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Tony, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tell me what you have....

What do you like about it

What do you hate about it

I just went back to Verizon and got the LG G3 ....so far I love this phone...the camera and video are UHD....Amazing

The pixels are uber high....I am just learning this phone, so I will update as I learn it...

How about you all?

2. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have an iPhone 6. I can call people and send texts. That's pretty good!!!

3. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Galaxy s4

4. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still have an iPhone 5S... Won't replace it with the newest iPhone until I break this one in a few months give or take... but I like it.

I've had one Samsung phone and didn't care for it. With a Mac computer, syncing everything is so brainless and effortless I can't imagine not using an iPhone... I can lose a phone Friday night at the bar, and go get a new one Saturday morning. Numbers, Texts, messages, apps, everything loaded before I even start the truck to leave the store.

5. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    BlackBerry Z10

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

6. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Galaxy S4. It does what it needs to do. I keep up with most phone technology, and it becomes outdated quicker than most.

The G3 is nice. Enjoy.

7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro powered by android. It's a couple years old but water proof, dust proof and scratch resistant gorilla glass so it works out very nice around construction and the farm. I don't have to keep it in a 5# protective case to protect it and I like that a lot.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have an Amish I-phone no apps no music on it. I too am an apple guy so I-phone is a no brainer

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still sporting the Galaxy S3. I'm due for an upgrade but can't make up my mind. My wife has the S5, but honestly I just don't see the many differences in the two phones to get me excited about it. I really like the G3 and almost made the upgrade to it a while back, but wasn't sure I wanted to start all over trying to figure a different phone out. So, I'm waiting to see what the next wave of phones look like.

10. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just upgraded to the Galaxy S5 this past weekend when they had the $1 holiday sales. I upgraded from an S3. So far so good. It's pretty similar overall outside of the bigger screen, higher resolution, and possibly better camera. I had my eye on the Galaxy Note 4 but couldn't justify spending that much money when I could get the S5 for $1.

11. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No contract ZTE phone through AT&Tv purchased through walmart.com, paid $130 for phone AND 2 yr free replacement warranty/insurance, better screen than an iPhone 5, better running system using Android 4-something series, no problems, and no complaints. I gave my old iPhone to my daughter to use as an iPod and am rolling with this thing. Bought another one for my other daughter because she like it so well she'd rather have it than a more expensive iPod... For less than the price of an iPod, I got her the "PhonePod" with 8 cases, 10 screen protectors, 3 charger cords, etc....

12. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    iPhone 4s... Have never had a case and the phone is in near mint condition. Can't justify spending a lot of money on a new phone when mine works perfectly!

13. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got a Droid Turbo. This thing is really great. Biggest battery on the market. Lasts forever. Camera has a slow shutter speed though which makes taking action shots difficult.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Samsung Note 4. It's huge, but I really like it. It has the best reception of any phone I have had and has a ton of functions that I can use for work and play. 16 mp camera that takes amazing photos and the best screen on the market. My wife owns three cellular retail stores so she takes good care of me by letting me take the latest and greatest in phones. :hail:

15. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3. It's a little dated in terms of their newer models but I've managed to take care of it and like the phone a lot. I think I will be upgrading within the next year though.

16. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My question is how you guys keep phones so long? I think I've had like 10+ iPhones over the past 4 years. Water damage and other forms of destruction claimed a few... Lost others.

17. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was right with you. The only reason I upgrade was because it was free!!! Went from 4 to 6

18. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    We don't own apple products:hater:

In all seriousness, I'm pretty hard with my things, but I've managed to never kill a cell phone in my life. I even buried myself up to my waist in backfill soil (pinned against my foundation wall...long story) with my phone in my pocket. Cleaned it up, and still working.

I haven't had any shock/weather protection case on this S4, either, and it's still going strong.

19. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mine are all water related for the most part. I've fried several on the lake during the summers. I used to keep a life proof on it but you can't fit an aux cord in that tiny hole and seems my phone is always on deck for the music. The struggle is real.

20. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not much of a boater or swimmer and I'm just careful with my things I guess. Wallet, keys, and phone are the 3 items I will always have on me but if I'm doing something near water or working outside, they get placed in a safe spot before I start working. If you've lost or damaged phones that much has the same thing happened to keys and wallet? If not, do with your phone what you're doing with your wallet and keys and you should be good to go :)