Why do you hunt?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by dhd, Dec 1, 2014.

1. dhd

dhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Somewhere in the woods, though, that position may
    Why do you hunt? Is there a specific reason or thing you enjoy aside the kill?

I personally just enjoy being in God's amazing creation, I enjoy seeing deer just as much as shooting them, then knowing I can outsmart them.

What about yall?

2. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Because my wife can't climb a tree.

3. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously tho, I love to here the woods wake up in the morning. I would still go out and sit with just Bino's if I couldn't hunt.

4. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen stuff happen in the woods that non hunters wouldn't have a clue about. There's something about sitting in the woods watching deer do what they do and have no idea you are there. It's amazing.

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like to kill what I eat ...

6. crxwolski

crxwolski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I eat what I like to kill

7. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just feels natural. When I get out there it feels like that's what I was meant to do, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

8. c e w

c e w Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To be outdoors and watch the world wake up. Dont forget the freezing you butt off sitting in tree and standing in freezing water. Not to kill you can tell that by my track record.

9. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think that the kill is really anti-climatic. I really enjoy the chase and the mental exercise of trying to outsmart the game, whether it be deer, turkey, bear or whatever. We are in their playhouse, using their rules and trying to accomplish something when the odds are most generally not in our favor. The scouting, the setting of stands, looking at camera photos, setting up food plots, etc. are all things I enjoy. I enjoy the interaction with the game, watching them and learning how they behave. Some of my most memorable hunts are where I have not killed anything but have made a stupid mistake or something crazy has happened. My most enjoyable time in the woods though is watching dawn break on the top of a mountain and everything begin to wake up. That makes my day every time.

10. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The pursuit of wild game... the quest... the challenge.... the never ending battle of wits....it's in my blood and a way of life.

11. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I saw the movie hunger games, and I just had to!!!! That and Luke Bryan bowhunts so......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The rush. I love that rush I get when I draw back on a deer. I also enjoy taking something that I killed and going from the field to the table. There is something very satisfying about that.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love venison, and killing so deer hunting seems like a healthy outlet.

14. Keith Mako

Keith Mako Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love being in the woods. It makes me feel closer to the Lord all mighty. I love being one with him in his greatest creation the natural woods. I will sit in the stand and just talk with him like is right near me. I love the smell of wet leaves in the morning the birds chirping. I can't get enough of that feeling.

15. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Peace. I can grab my bow and be at peace. No work, no kids (yet) and the thrill of the hunt. Nothing is more calming to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS^ And the fact that I love the chase. Though it can sometimes be frustrating, I wouldn't take any other activity over it. Bowhunting is Awesome!

17. Michael.herb

Michael.herb Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy the hunt and the meat from it, but some of my favorite hunts I did not get a kill. Being in nature away from everything just watching deer and animals go by is very relaxing and calming for me. I enjoy getting away and being alone with nature just as much as I do taking a trophy. I enjoy taking trophies as much as anyone but there is so much more to hunting than the kill.

18. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt because I am driven too. Every since I can remember the sight of a deer makes my blood rush and my breathing get rapid. I hunt because to me its the right thing to do. In very few cases do religion and science agree and this is one of them. I want my grandkids to be able to enjoy the site of a whitetail deer in the wild and the only way to guarantee that is through conservation. I could go on for ever on why I hunt but I will spare you all. :tu:

19. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The meat and knowing where it came from. The satisfaction of providing meat for my family. Being close to God's creation. The sound of the leaves in the wind, the stillness of a falling snow. Being able to get close to your prey and learning there behavior. Learning from my mistakes.

20. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love the outdoors and hunting gets me there. There is something in my soul that begins to stir in the middle of September, and it can only be satisfied by getting into the woods in pursuit of deer. Driven to hunt is almost an understatement. Sadly, gainful employment keeps me from fully satisfying that drive, so there is a constant tension between being a responsible provider and fully satisfying my desires. I thank God for my career, but thank Him more for the harvest. Providing meat for the table is an awesome blessing on top of that.