Sony FDR-AX100 4K

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Brad Bever, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Brad Bever

Brad Bever Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking to upgrade my camera to the new Sony FDR-AX100 and was wondering if anyone on here had this camera and some footage they could send my way. I like the 4k quality, but not sure if its worth it for what were doing. If anyone has this camera and has some footage they could send me or even some stills it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have the AX100, but I have the PXW-X70 which is the pro version of that camera. Sorta, the X70 is only a 1080p camera at this point, but will have a future upgrade to 4k sometime next year. The X70 uses the same image sensor, but has a higher quality codec. The AX100 is an awesome camera, but I would suggest stretching the budget another $500 and getting the X70. Sony has positioned the X70 in their XDCAM line which means it is a real professional camera, designed for professional use. It will have better support from Sony than a prosumer camera. It has professional audio with 2 XLR inputs on the removable handle.

3. Brad Bever

Brad Bever Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have looked into that camera, but I think the ax100 or the cx900 which is the same camera, but not in 4K. I do a lot of self filming and I think the X70, although its a professional camera, would be harder to maneuver while trying to take a shot. Sometime in the future, if I get into it more I will have to look into a more professional grade camera.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I self film also. The camera is pretty much the same size. Slightly wider is all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk