2nd Buck tag

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by michael_pearce, Nov 18, 2014.

1. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is just quick question.
    I you live in an area where you get 2 buck tags. IF you get 2 tags also do you work just as hard to try to fill the second tag?
    I feel like I really work harder to fill my second tag but I also don't get out and hunt as much.
    I really don't know if that makes sense. I really start to change up my normal hunt behaviors and focus more on one buck. At first I usually just go out and hunt. I try not to concentrate on just one deer but on just hunting.
    I kind of forgot that this year. So once I went back to MY way of hunting it all came together.
    So now I will be going out on very selective days and focusing on one buck that has been going back to his core area. So hopefully he makes it through this up coming gun season and I can get out and get on him in a week or 2.
    So good luck everyone and please hunt safe....
    BHOD :bow:

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We don't get 2 tags, so I get what you're saying though about when all you have is 1 you hone in more and maybe are more strict with selection. If I had 2 tags I absolutely know I'd be the same way. Any solid buck would get tag #1 but #2 would have to be something specific or special.

3. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I live in an area where we get to use 2 buck tags. This year I took two bucks, the first probly 80 inches and the second just a touch bigger. These are my first ever "real bucks", both are being mounted. But know that I filled my desire for a wall hanger, next year I will be more focused on much bigger bucks. Nothing under 120 hopefully. I hope this made some sense!

4. GhostRack

GhostRack Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is the second year in our province that two tags are available ..i wasn't too fond of it at first..i took a fork last yr..and hunted a bit more for bigger deer..this year took a 2.5 yr old 9 pt...bought second tag more to get out..i wont take a second deer for sake of saying i got two...but if its a brute in my eyes then ill go for it..

5. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I usually back off a bit, try to hunt some newer spots I don't hunt a lot. Not get too aggressive because I don't want to spook any younger bucks out that might be shooters next year.