Lone Wolf Alpha Tech F1 question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by emorken, Nov 11, 2014.

1. emorken

emorken Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just registered for the bowhunting.com forum because I wanted to get some people's take on the Lone Wolf Alpha Tech F1 hang-on stand. Specifically, is it as quiet of a stand as other Lone Wolf stands have become known for? I can't find any customer reviews for it online so thought I would try this. I have a couple cheap stands that are so loud that I feel I can't even move in them when a deer is within bow range. Just want to make sure I get the right stand if I'm going to spend some decent money on them.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a LW sit and climb as well as an Assault hang-on, they're both very quiet, but I can't speak on the Alpha Tech.

3. emorken

emorken Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I imagine it is really quiet, but it's really hard to find anyone who has experience with it because it's so new. I called a couple places that sell them and they didn't really have many answers either. I've also looked into Millennium stands and they seem like a good hang on stand. I just keep coming back to the Alpha Tech because I know Lone Wolf's reputation for being quiet and sturdy. Was just hoping to get some reassurance from someone who has maybe hunted out of this one.

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly don't know, but I would be willing to guess....no it couldn't be as quiet as the cast aluminum ones. IMO you'd be better off to spend a few extra dollars and get an alpha or assault. You could also look for used ones.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have played with the stand a few times inside but unfortunately have yet to hunt from one. However I do plan on bringing one with this coming weekend for a possible run-and-gun setup as the rest of my LW's are currently deployed. In the event I get one setup and hunt from it I'll come leave some feedback.

6. Trevor Olson

Trevor Olson BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted from mine a couple times now and it is dead silent! Im 190 plus gear and no noise yet moving around in it. The one thing I wish it didn't have, the tall seat cushion. When a deer comes in, I decide to call, or its that golden hour...I prefer to stand against the tree waiting or glassing. The seat cushion doesn't allow the seat to go all the way perpendicular with the tree like my other Lone Wolfs. Small tradeoff of a very comfortable seat for an all day sit.

7. emorken

emorken Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I actually called Lone Wolf and Millennium both to listen to what they had to say about their stands. I also like to stand when I shoot and during that last hour, so I was a little concerned with the seat not sitting upright because of the bigger cushion. I decided to go with the Millennium M-50 because of the price, the CamLock system and the reputation Millennium has as being one of the more comfortable hang-ons out there. The extra weight with the steel platform wasn't that much of a concern for me because I don't travel that long of distances no matter where I am on the land I'm hunting. Hopefully I like it and can close the deal on one of the bucks I have on camera this year.