muzzy " converted " 2 blade

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bowhunterleroy, Oct 30, 2014.

1. bowhunterleroy

bowhunterleroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone, been gone for a long while, toooooo long :(

anyways, ive been using the muzzy 135 (green) 4 blade heads and have had amazing accuracy with them. ive had even more amazing accuracy using the inserts that convert them into 2 blade heads.

at 40 yards i can lay 3 shafts 2-2.5'' consistently. i try to shoot while its windy to get use to my bow and even then ive bent blades from hitting other heads.

my best friend and his family (dad,grandfather) have used them for bear.elk,pig, turkey ect for the last 30+ years.

i know theres a million choices of heads out there but ive had great success with these. theres nothing really on the web about them so i was wondering if anyone on here uses them? im thinking about taking pics of the heads with inserts for those who arent familiar with muzzys function

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Does Muzzy sell the inserts?

3. bowhunterleroy

Dislikes Received:
    yeah. i think the ones i bought were #345. they are ~$13 on ebay.

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I knew nothing about it. Good to know, probably switching to 2 blade for the winter.

5. bowhunterleroy

Dislikes Received:
    this is what everyone has said to me.... i went to a local meet one day and did some 40-60 yard shots. i cound barely see the kill spots of the targets but at 60 yards i managed 5" and my arrows were the only ones to pass through the target.

the original muzzy style heads are the same width (cutting dia) as the magnus heads and sooooo many hog hunters love those for boar shields.

6. bowhunterleroy

Dislikes Received:
    for what its worth... my buddys grandfather used them for everything... they are great for kids since they are super forgiving, great for accuracy, great for pass through shots. ive found its a great idea to learn from people who hunt more then i ever will....

texasboars has a few members who only use 2 blades for big big boar... after my groups ive reproduced over and over again, i feel like i get the best of both worlds

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I plan on using them because I will be buying a much slower and lower momentum bow then my current set up, so want the extra penetration. Blood trails are a bit worse but Ill make it work for sure. Will look into these for sure, but will be looking into other options as well.

8. bowhunterleroy

Dislikes Received:
    alls i know is they blow through boar and they are the only thing that trruly fly like fieldmpoints

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive never seen the muzzy adapters anywhere though. Looked online a little and no luck but will keep my eye out.

10. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have no doubt that the modified Muzzys work great, but in my (admittedly) limited experience almost any broadhead that spins true, is shot out of a properly tuned bow and is mounted on a properly spined arrow will hit the same mark as a field point. :)

11. bowhunterleroy

Dislikes Received:
    go on ebay and look up ( muzzy #345 )

12. bowhunterleroy

Dislikes Received:
    that may very well be true, the thing i liked about this head was the fact id shoot it before shooting 5 field tips and the head would be in the middle of group of FPs... i shot these with both carbon and alumn arrows with same results

13. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: