Sniper Treestands

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Cody_MidMO, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Cody_MidMO

Cody_MidMO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I recently purchased a new ladder stand...a Big Game Maxim for $200. Do to my inherent fear of heights...I have to feel like there is something around me and have a generous platform below me...the Maxim provides that.

However while at Bass Pro I asked the fella about their Sniper Treestands and he had no input god or bad to provide. Sniper makes a couple 2 man ladder stands with a almost wrap around platform which would feel good to have below ya and let ya maneuver around for different shots...and all for $50-$60 less than what I paid for the big Maxim single man. Even some quick Google work while in the store provided not much on the side of reviews.

So I ask...anyone had any experience with Sniper Treestands in general? Gimme the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

2. Cody_MidMO

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing? No one has used these and had anything to report?

3. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the single man stand summit produces. What ever you do I would not recommend saving money on a tree stand. You will notice the money you saved once you get up the tree for sure. I haven't seen or heard of the sniper brand, but with that being said it very well be a product coming on the market that is built to stand the test of time.

4. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using the Sniper Intimadator ladder stand and the Sniper Vulcan hang on stand for the last 3 years with no problems. The only issue I had was a few of the plastic knobs that hold the shooting rails up and the armrests in place had the threaded inserts pull out. I just replaced them with bolts and nuts and it took care of the problem. I do add more ratchet straps as I wasn't impressed with the straps alone that came with the stands. The comfort is pretty good other than the seat cushion which I changed since it wasn't very cushioned on either stand. For the price I was pleased with the quality. I also got mine at Bass Pro when they were on sale.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

5. Cody_MidMO

Dislikes Received:
    Call me paranoid...but my stands always get an additional ratchet strap...I want to feel like I'm standing on concrete. Thanks for the info!