evercalm... opinions?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by johnboydeerslayer, Sep 19, 2014.

1. johnboydeerslayer

johnboydeerslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm curious what everyone thinks of evercalm. After a few days I'll post a video I took.

2. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ummm love it... Just type it in the search bar and you will find plenty of threads about it.

I've had videos of great success. Why are you waiting a few days to post a video?!?! I am very curious to hear and see what you have to share.

I'm a big fan - I put it on my boots about 150 yards from my stand and walk in front of a shooting lane on my way to stand.

I don't use it in all my stands but I have had great success with it!

3. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Have only used it a few times... Once I learned of people putting it on their boots, it was game over.

Only time I had a deer cross the path of it was a mature doe last season... She had her nose to the ground following my trail. I was sitting on the ground in front of a tree, no cover or anything at 20yds, lets just say it did not end well for her.

I'll continue to buy the stuff.

4. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought it after our season started and I can't say anything good or bad about it because I haven't seen many deer in the two times I've tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Works great!

6. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have used it with good success for the past two years. I mainly use it as a cover scent instead of an attractant and I can say that it seems that I get away with more than when I did not use it. So thumbs up from me :tu:

7. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My setup is in a pretty decent spot already so it was hard to tell how well it worked or didn't work. I use it at the base of a tree that I put a mock scrape under and I'm sure it helps cover any leftover scent that I might leave, so since it doesn't seem to hurt anything I can only assume it's helping.

8. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I witnessed incredible results with it last year. The single best and most effective product I have ever used. I can't say enough good things about it.

I watched wiley old does come across my trails several times last year and even walk 10 yards down wind of me with me in a 10' tall ladder, never spooked and never busted me. Several bucks crossed my trails and never spooked and never busted me. I'll use it forever unless something drastic changes.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using it for 2 years now and I it works really well for me. Try it! I think you will like the results you get.

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like the stuff!

11. johnboydeerslayer

Dislikes Received:
    My question was a loaded one really. I use it and I spit dip spit under my tree have a video of a momma doe sniffing the dirt and my tree. Smells my rope and it alerts her but she shakes it off fast. Stuff works 100%

12. johnboydeerslayer

Dislikes Received:
    I'll post video in a bit.

13. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why not use a bottle to spit in? EC seems to work for me... but why add any extra scents to test it while hunting? Not preaching here, my friend... I am just curious.

14. johnboydeerslayer

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly I smoke most of the time I keep dip as a backup when I run out so I don't keep a bottle I clear a large spot out under my tree to stir up the earth smell which was where I was spitting. Had evercalm on the base of the tree. either I found a doe that had a fawn with her that had no cares in the world or it did its job to the fullest. I don't think it would have worked the way it did if it were a mature buck under me.... Of course I wouldn't have let him get that close so... When I get a minute I'll post video you can judge it for yourself

15. johnboydeerslayer

Dislikes Received:
    I wasn't adding anything extra to test if it worked I found that out a week ago had a 10mph wind had a big doe come in wind blowing in her face on a string right at my tree. 15yrds meat on the table. After I seen a spotted fawn with her I just let her keep coming in and it turned into a test to see how close she would get. Got my phone out and videod her 5 inches from my rope I pull my bow up with. Face down in the dirt where I had spit 5 minutes before.

16. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a big doe last year that wouldn't leave my tree steps alone. I had put the stuff on my boots and she obviously was trying to figure it out. She kept looking up... not necessarily at me, but had I moved she would have definitely seen me. I don't put it on my boots any more... I put it on a small pine branch and kind of swish it on the ground as I walk in. Then I can leave the branch where I want the deer to stop.

17. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lets just say I don't go in the woods without it! It's that good! Works incredible for putting on licking branch when starting a mock scrape :)

18. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So are you just rubbing this stick on your boots and then on your ladder stand. You guys are using this in a stick right?

[​IMG]

19. avant

avant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not on your stand!!!! By I put it on the bottoms of my.boots as I walk in and dab it on trees near by. Works great and had two nice bucks follow me in on it and several does hang around it. Definitely takes their mind off you.

20. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Put it on rubber boots 100 yards in by the time you get to your stand it has rubbed off. I don't put it on my boots much within 50 yards of my stand!

This whole idea of deer following it all the way to the stand is ridiculous I've never seen anything like that!

I find it more valuable in the late season when cover is hard to come by. For instance in the early season cover is so dense I don't see any reason to use a cover scent. Late season it can make the difference between being picked off and getting a shot on a deer.