Quiver mods for small diameter arrows

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by okie_flinger, Sep 17, 2014.

1. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I recently purchased new arrows - easton axis (small diameter) and the lower comb of my quiver won't quite hold them like it should. In fact, they'll just fall right out!

I'm thinking of trying moleskin in the comb notches to firm them up.

Anyone have any experience or advise?

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I tried tape and mole skin and it worked for a while but I wasn't happy. What quiver do you have? A lot of manufactures offer a gripper for small diameter shafts. Maybe call them. They may send you one.

3. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    It is an apex quiver that came stock on my mission bow. I will contact apex & see what they offer. The lower comb is removable with a coupla screws so that would be the ideal solution.

4. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    so I submitted a customer serviced query online this morning... within an hour someone called me directly. I couldn't answer at the time but called them back... left VM... they called me back shortly.

Apex's Answer is that all their quivers support any diameter arrows. he asked if I gave the quiver time to 'rest' before trying to keep my small diameter arrows in it... of course, I didn't... I just took the standard ones out & tried to put the small diameters in and they fell right out when I picked up my bow.

he advised to let it sit 24 hours with no arrows in it and it should tighten up and hold the small diameter arrows fine. he said for $10 he can sell me a new lower, but it will be no different than the one I already have.

if this doesn't work I may try to put a belt around it overnight to try to tighten it up, since they advise it should work fine.

5. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you went to a smaller diam. arrow, You will most likely have to move your rest up and retune.

6. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tight Spot quivers are adjustable and hold small diameter arrows as tight as you want em! Love mine

7. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive had the same issue with quivers before, Ive had some take up and hold smaller arrows and then ive had some that just will not carry my FMJ's after having larger arrows in them. Id say let it sit for a couple of days . Maybe even sit it in a sunny spot and let it get hot for a few hours it might help the rubbers flexibility and may go back to a smaller size.

8. Matr138920

Matr138920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same problem with mine. I have a alpine archery soft lock and I took and removed the grippers, then I zip tied them with the holes in the grippers and put in not quite boiling water and left in for about 30 secs, then removed with pliers and ran cold water to cool them, and it worked great. You could also try liquid tape.

9. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Letting it rest helped some but not perfect. I put a bar clamp on it today and left it all day. As of now, re arrows are being gripped firmly. We'll see what happens over time.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

10. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had that problem as well, bought a tigh spot problem solved. I love that quiver it's light, tight to the bow and will hold any arrow as tight as you want. Is have to say the tigh spot is my favourite bow accessorie I've bought in years!

11. ridgehunter70

ridgehunter70 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If youre going to get a new quiver then I highly suggest a treelimb quiver. Thay have all sorts of camo options as well as all different colors of frames to choose from. Here is the one I had on my cs30 before I sold it[​IMG]