***Official Bowhunting.com Trail Camera Photo Contest***

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by MGH_PA, Sep 5, 2014.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, everyone, we're beginning a monthly trail camera contest for a little fun and prizes. The contest is going to be open to all Bowhunting.com members. The contest will run from the first of the month through the conclusion of the third week of the month. Voting and a selection of a winner will occur during the final week with the competition restarting the following month.

Some months will have a specific theme assigned to them for which you must follow (non-deer only, scenic shots, fawns, bucks only, etc.,), while other months will be open to all subjects. You will be limited to one entry per person, per month.

At the conclusion of the third week of the month (Sunday of that week), all submissions will be sorted into the Top 10 by staff members. The final 10 will be voted on by the forum membership. If 10 or less entries are received that month, they are all automatically entered into the final voting. Voting will begin during the last week of the month and end at the conclusion of the month with the photo receiving the most votes becoming that month's winner.

The winner will receive their choice of Bowhunting.com hat and automatically be entered into the grand prize contest held once per year.

Rules for entry:
    1. One entry per member per month.
    2. Entry must meet the theme requirements for that month. All other entries will not be included in the contest. If it's an open themes month, then all trail cam photos are welcomed.
    3. Photo must be your own taken from your camera. While we can't track or enforce this, we will rely on the honor system. Remember, this contest is for fun :)
    4. You may not use a photo more than once for ANY contest now or in the future.
    5. Photos must be embedded within the posts using the contest entry thread.
    6. Photos may have a caption, but are not required.
    7. We encourage you to include the make and model of your camera in the photos as well, but again, this is not a requirement
    We will follow a K.I.S.S. model on this and just have fun. We've seen a lot of great shots posted throughout this forum, and this is a chance to have a little friendly competition.

Remember to use the monthly contest thread for your entries.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the contest, don't hesitate to contact one of the staff members or myself, at [email protected] .

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can the pictures be from any year?

3. Sully

Sully Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Trail Cam Contest Photo

PRMS1658.jpg Bear Valley Idaho, Mama's taking me for a ride!

4. Mckaax

Mckaax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where did the voting for sep take place?

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    There's a voting thread pinned to the top at the end of the month. I leave that open for 1 week. Once closed, I move the thread to purgatory.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4.

6. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This....????

7. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. For instance, this month is scenic bucks. Most places aren't showing fall colors yet. If you wanted to enter this month, either you would need a pull from later this month, or use an older picture.

We certainly expect some older entries with time sensitive themes (like this month).

8. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Matt when will the grand prize contest start? It has been going for over a year now I thought.