Rubber Boots

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bowhunter171, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Bowhunter171

Bowhunter171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've always chased whitetails in normal boots but have heard a lot of great things on the scent control abilities of rubber boots. I tried on a pair of lacrosse alphaburly and fell in love with the feel. Just curious how you all feel about rubber boots and what rubber boots you like.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heard lots of good things about Lacrosse. I personally have used muck boots. Always dry, fit well and have lasted for going on my third season so far.

3. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im not a fan of the tall slip on rubber boots. I have a pair of mucks but dont care for them. So this year im trying to BOGS Eagle Cap hunting boot. Its a lower cut boot, full rubber but with laces.

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Lacrosse Alphaburly boots and I like them a lot. I am buying the Lacrosse Aeroheads very soon.

5. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of Mucks for the late season and a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burley lite that I wear early season . They are both great boots and have had them for about 7 year . Will have to replace the Lacrosse soon but they do get worn a lot more as I wear them during turkey season and fishing .

Really can't go wrong with any of the quality boots that are being made today .

6. bowhntrjoe

bowhntrjoe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i have the muck wetland boots. great boots for earlier in the season till say mid november then i wear my cabbalas infernos

7. MidTNKayakAngler

MidTNKayakAngler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Always wore the Lacrosse, but decided to switch it up to the Irish Setter this year. This year will be the 1st year in about 26 years not wearing Lacrosse in the woods, I wanted something with more ankle support and breathable.

8. slosir

slosir Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got a pair of BOGS slip-on snake proof boots and absolutely love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. frantzracing0

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear, im anxious to see if the bogs eagle cap boots keep my feet warm this fall.

10. slosir

slosir Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My feet are always the first thing to get cold. Last year I wore a pair of wool socks, but they were too thick. This year I think I will be trying a pair of the thermacell heated insoles. My feet never got cold with the wool sock, they were just uncomfortable.

11. frantzracing0

Dislikes Received:
    How many mm of the neoprene insulation do your bogs have?

12. frantzracing0

Dislikes Received:
    I bought them a size big just so i could wear wool socks. They actually fit really well

13. slosir

slosir Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure about how thick the insulation is, and I was seriously considering buying them a size big but didn't know how much my foot would move around in them and didn't want to blister my feet

14. Jimolsson7

Jimolsson7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Alphaburly is what I wear and I feel like it's the best boot I've had yet. I am a big fan of rubber boots, I don't even own a pair of boots that tie.

15. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Rubber boots is all I ever wear hunting. Make sure you get some that don't leak though. I bought some Lacrosse Aeroheads last year... they have been pretty good so far.

16. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have three pairs of rubber boots , I have the plain alphas, a pair of the 800 thinsulate alphas and the 2000 thinsulate alpha sst's.These get me though the season but I am considering getting some lace ups for early season because I sweat in my rubber boots pretty bad and it gets my boots/socks and pants sweaty .

17. DVFD236

DVFD236 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wouldn't leave home without my Muck boots. Unbelievably comfortable. I have no problem at all using my climbing stand while wearing them either. I hunt a lot of swampy areas down here in SE Va. Crossing water is a common occurrence so i definitely need high boots. They are extremely light as well although a friend of mine showed me his pair of Under Armour knee boots last year and i believe they are even less weight!

18. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a pair of Walmart camo rubber boots 39.99 lol. I love rubber boots perfect for crossing creeks, walking in mud, keeps bugs out, and you can wear more layers on your feet for during winter time. I'd recommend trying them out.

19. billygoat

billygoat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bogs, Muck, lacrosse.... Regardless, by a high end rubber boot and you will be warm and comfortable.

Wear a rubber boot and you will improve your scent control 20 fold

20. USAF Bowhunter

USAF Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have always used the lower-cut insulated boots that tie (Rocky brand). After reading this thread, I am contemplating buying tall rubber boots. I have always noticed a lot of hunters wearing tall rubber boots. I have a couple questions about them before I go to but some... Do they take some getting used to walking a long way in them (seem to look like they are "clod hoppers" and you would lug them around)?? Also, would I be able to summer hunt in them as we'll or will they be way too hot and not very breathable? I am currently looking to get the Lacrosse Alphaburys. Thanks!