Been too long

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by jdweim, Aug 12, 2014.

1. jdweim

jdweim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am way late on gettin the itch this year, I usually go into hibernation on this site for a while, but I am usually out in june or july, been a busy year, have done almost nothing hunting related since last gun season...except my girlfriend got me a new buck knife for christmas, can't wait to try it out, it is the nicest one i have had so far
    Been a busy year, due to having my first child (my gf's 2nd, she had a little boy when she was 17) but at the age of 30 for me and 23 for my GF we welcomed our daughter Lexi Lynn Fritz into the world on March 6th and I can tell you it has been the greatest thing ever, I love being a father, so much fun.
    I will post some photos soon

2. jdweim

jdweim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20131225_110628.jpg 20140309_210121.jpg 20140706_135306.jpg IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0861.jpg
    So there is a picture of my knife there, and for the important part a picture of lexi at 3 days(with the orange hat), a picture of her in her pink camo onesie, a picture of her from the first time we went to cabelas with the hat I bought her (pink camo hat), and a recent picture of her during shower time (just a few days ago)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  3. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats & great pics! I have custody of my 2 daughters. Nothing compares to that father-daughter bond! :)

4. jdweim

jdweim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, obviously I do not know the situation, but it always seems rare that the father ends up with custody, so good work there, you must be an awesome father.
    It has only been 5 months for me (5 fast months) but so far I have been lucky enough to be able to set aside time every day of Lexi's life to spend some 1 on 1 time with her. And since her birth I moved to2nd shift work, which has financially been very beneficial to our family, but has limited my time, but we have been doing great at making it work...my girlfriend has even came to work with the kids and dinner for me a couple times so we could eat as a family

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome back and congrats dad! It is an amazing experience! Have fun and love the hat by the way!

6. jdweim

jdweim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thank you, even though its pink I think it makes her look a little like boy, but oh well she is still cute in it

7. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    She is a doll, Congrats

I thought this thread was gonna be about something else.....:evilgrin: