whats your thoughts about putting bucks in the books.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hollywood 1, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Hollywood 1

Hollywood 1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a good number of bucks that make book for bow and never put any bucks in a book but have had friends ask why I don't and I do not have a good answer other than just never have. Does anyone put there bucks in the books and whats your thoughts on putting bucks in books.

2. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see any reason to bother, so no, I never have. Same reasoning why I don't take pics of fish before I release them. I fish and hunt for my enjoyment, not for bragging rights.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't hit that milestone yet so I don't know if I would. If I kill the Record Typical in NC, I guess it will be entered automatically.

4. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Proud supporter of P&Y with a few species that would make book but just not interested in entering them at the moment.

For whitetails I just don't see much significance unless it's a really big one. 125 bucks are a dime a dozen with tens of thousands entered already...

I also don't base my pride in an animal over its status in a book.

5. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I support pope and young. I like the truth and credibility the club brings to hunting. I entered one this year and was in their last magazine.

6. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Truthfully
    I started as meat hunter, and got into scoring about 15 years ago and always said I'd enter one if I hit over the 200 iinch mark,and that hasn't happened just yet, almost last year and the year before. It really doesn't apeal to me and to pay 40 some thing bucks to enter is crazy in my mind just so some one can make some money off of you.I do enjoy reading the big Buck stories though! Just my 2 cent's.
    Rocky

7. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Truthfully
    I started as meat hunter, and got into scoring about 15 years ago and always said I'd enter one if I hit over the 200 iinch mark,and that hasn't happened just yet, almost last year and the year before. It really doesn't apeal to me and to pay 40 some thing bucks to enter is crazy in my mind just so some one can make some money off of you.I do enjoy reading the big Buck stories though! Just my 2 cent's.
    Rocky