Broadhead tuning mess up paper tune?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Jtmoney2002, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been toying with the idea of tuning my bow to a fixed blade so i have more options than just expandables. I have never had the need to broadhead tune because i have always shot expandables and they have shot just like my field points with it being paper tuned. But if i go moving my rest around to match the points of impacts of the broadhead and field point wouldn't that throw my paper tune way off right and how much would that effect how the arrow comes out of my bow?

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Easy question. Would you rather have your BH flying well or rather look at a nice hole in a piece of paper? Paper gives you your arrow flight at one tiny location of the arrows flight. I bet if get a good hole a 10 feet and then go to 4 feet or 25 feet you won't. Maybe a good place to start but I have not paper tuned in many years. I can get the same point of impact out to 40 yards. Now maybe if you put paper at every yard out to 40....then it could tell you something. Get your bh to fly well and forget about the paper.

3. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I broadhead tune, regardless of what I am shooting, fixed blade or mechanical. I want to know that all of the energy that can be there is directly behind my arrow, the arrow is coming off of my bow as straight as possible, and that energy hitting square to the target. Broadhead tuning gives me that. NAP stated somewhere that 80% of the problems reported from their mechanicals were from bows that weren't tuned properly.

V

4. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the imput guys,I think im going to try to try tune the broadheads tonight and see what happens.

5. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's not hard (in most cases)to have a bow tuned well with broadheads and bareshafts as well as clean through paper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

6. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have never paper tuned. I use a string level for elevation and walk back tune for windage.