Lets see your equipment 2014 edition...

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Siman/OH, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know some of you guys have some really nice toys that you film with...time to post it up (again)!

Me and Isaac are currently in the market for a camera to take still images, currently looking at the Sony NEX-6.

We have two Canon Vixia HFM30's that were going to use to film our hunts this year. Ill dig up some good photos and post them up here in a little bit.

2. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For spring turkeys, pretty much what you see below:

Canon XA-20 w/ Rode and Sennheiser mics on a Manfrotto set of sticks and Manfrotto 503 head and a SmallHD AC7 monitor. I've gone to a different LanC controller than shown below though.

Also I will use a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Kodak PlaySport, Canon G15, and my Canon 7D w/ various lenses at different times depending on the hunting conditions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Badass brother. Thats what i like to see. Got any sample videos?

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Love that little monitor might add that to my gear this summer! What model and where did you get that from?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

5. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All I got gathered up for filming is a camera and tree arm so far. Still got awhile to gather everything up but hopefully get it all before season so I can try it out some.

Camera is a canon vixia hf s21

[​IMG]

And got the muddy outfitter arm (ammo not for filming ha)

[​IMG]

Gonna add some kind of remote and a decent fluid head. Been looking at manfrotto mvh500, think that's the model.

7. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Holy mother that's a set up right there! We could only dream to have that gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Alright liked that little monitor but not at those prices! Maybe someday but way to many other things on the list before that. I will get pictures of my setup this week.

9. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is the only aspect of deer hunting I've never delved into but I've been thinking since getting back into archery last fall that I'd like to eventually head this direction just to change the game a little bit. Interesting to see what folks are using and some top end types of setups. Very nice!

10. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are pricey but they give you a true HD picture. The monitor is not all that necessary with a video camera. However if you are shooting any amount of video on a DSLR they are a life saver. You really need an HD monitor to pull sharp focus on a DSLR. If you just want a monitor to help you better frame your shot and you are not worried about focal sharpness then there are many less expensive options out there.

Quality gear is not cheap. I have easily over $10,000 invested in camera and editing equipment and there are still things that I would like to have.

11. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not a great pic but this is our setup for shooting interviews.

A Cam: Sony NX5U w/FMU 128, Audio-Technica PRO 88W-830 wireless mic
    B Cam: Nikon D5100 w/Campro triple hot shoe, SGC-598 mic, Indy Pro LCD monitor

Besides a Hero 3 black and a Hero 2 there's bunch of other stuff but i'm to lazy to list it.

IMAG0051[1].jpg

12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa $10K! That's a chunk of moola but with the setup on the managed farms we are getting it would be well worth it. The money isn't as much an issue as taking up something new like filming the hunts and learning the equipment. Sometimes with all that's going on around here, I feel like my pea brain is going to splode as it is, lol. Taking up something new that's so technical is a little intimidating.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As of right now, this is all I have. Actually, I don't even have the fluid head or the varizoom anymore. Just a tree arm :) Everything else will be new and shinny before long :)

[​IMG]

14. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Great stuff guys! I pulled the trigger on a Sony NEX 5r last night. I'll have pics of everything soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

15. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet! Was about to order up the Audio Technica PRO 88W also, how do you like it? I was concerned about the shoe mount adapter on it, since it isn't one that you can screw to tighten. I have to run mine with a Beachtek MCC2 in oder to run that as well as my shotgun mic and need to mount the receiver on the right or left side of it, don't want it falling off while up in a tree lol

My set up is nothing crazy as I am just starting out with filming, but I'll have to take some pics and post them up

16. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really happy with the 88W. Almost went with a Sennheiser but in our case I couldn't justify paying 3x more for it. It fit nice and tight on every shoe I've put it on.

17. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    awesome thanks, think I'll be placing my order today then

18. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    it takes a long time to get the hang of it. Ive been dabbling since 2009 and still dont have a good grasp.

19. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Here my first ever and current rig...

Canon VIXIA HF R400, Audio Technica Pro-24 Shotgun Mic, Rabbit Fur Wind Screen, Campbells Cameras Wrap Around Mount, 52mm Lens Hood Mod w/ 43mm-52mm K&F Concept Step Up Ring, Manfrotto 128RC Fluid Head, Manfrotto 190XB Tripod, Lone Wolf Camera Arm, Epic D1 POV Cam, & Tamrac Adventure 6 Camera Bag/Backpack.

My Rig.jpg

Just Ordered:

Beachtek MCC-2 2-Channel Audio Adapter and Bracket, Audio-Technica PRO88W-R35 Wireless Lavalier Microphone, 36 LED Video Light, K&F Concept 3 Pack 52mm UV Filter, CPL Filter, & FLD Filter.

Will post updated pic when more of my stuff comes in the mail. As you can see this is now a new obsession...like bowhunting wasn't enough! :lol:

20. Grahambo

Grahambo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As close to Illinois while still in the Hoosier St
    I'm running a Canon G30 on a manfrotto monopod/head combo with a manfrotto lanc controller and a canon mic for self filming. If I'm filming only ( which I'm enjoying more and more) I'm using the Canon 60D on a manfrotto sticks with a 70-200 f/2.8 and a 30 f/1.4. Sennheiser mic on the way. Couple of go pros to round it out.

Attached Files: