** BHOD ProStaff Profiles **

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Fitz, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 29, 24 years bowhunting

States Hunted: IL, WI, TX, WY, MS, NC & Alberta & Manitoba

I was very fortunate to have a dad that was very passionate about hunting and introduced me to the sport, although he never hunted with a bow it was one thing as a young man that I really wanted to try. Once I did – I was hooked for life! My passion for both BowHunting and entrepreneurship put me in the position to make a dream come true, as I was able to turn my passion into my career. I have a great wife who puts up with my craziness and a 10 year old who is finally showing some interest in hunting. Its always an adventure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 22

States Hunted: IL, WI, WY, CO, NC, Ontario

Bio: I grew up in a hunting family and was tagging along on hunts with my dad since I was 6 years old. During the late 80's my dad owned an archery shop and I spent many nights after school hanging out with the "shop regulars" so you can say I really did grow up around archery and bow hunting. I've been bowhunting since 12 years old and if I knew half of what I know now back in my high school years I'd have a wall full of really nice bucks at my house!

Now approaching my mid 30's I'm happily married with a 2 year old son and another on the way. I'm more passionate about bowhunting now than ever and I spend many late nights working on Bowhunting.com or coming up with ideas for Bowhunt or Die. For the past decade I've been moonlight during the day as the General Manager for all of Todd's businesses including Bowhunting.com, ICS Solutions (IT Consulting), Rhino Group (Website Development) and Coon Creek Hunt Club (pheasant hunting).

I also enjoy short walks on the beach, macaroni & cheese, coffee, Adam Corolla podcasts, fantasy novels (yes, I'm a nerd) and rocking out to Machine Head when I'm stuck in wonderful Illinois traffic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunting: 14 years Bowhunting

Hunted States: Ohio

A little about myself:
    I am a hard core sports athlete, I play softball, Basketball, football, Volleyball and anything else that involves fun competition, of course at no professional level. Love shooting bows, compound, longbow and recurve of which I own to many.

I'm interested in any kind of hunting or fishing, my coolest fish would have to be a 24 lb snook and my best buck is a 150 class Ohio whitetail. can't wait for next deer season for a chance to lay down more awesome footage for BOWHUNT OR DIE !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 7 Years Bowhunting, but I've hunted since I was 2 years old.

States Hunted: Wisconsin, Minnesota & hopefully Wyoming soon!

I am a college student at the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point; and am currently pursuing a Wildlife Ecology major. I was born in Kansas then moved to Wisconsin where I grew up with a passion for the land and a passion for bowhunting. I love to fish, hike, rock climb, run, backpack and pretty much do anything outdoors. I look forward to the many adventures to come with my father, Todd Larson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 22 years, 14 with bow

States Hunted: SE & SW Wisconsin

I enjoy bow hunting and enjoying the outdoors with mywife and children. My wife can often be found in the tree with meselflessly giving her time as my best friend and camera lady. We were reallyblessed in season 4 being able to put down our first buck for Bowhunt or Die(episode 13). Melissa, the kids, and I will be hitting it hard in 2014 inhopes to connect on some big toms and trophy bucks. Thanks for watching,God Bless!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: Have bowhunted 36 years

States Hunted: Indiana and soon to be Colorado

I have a lovely wife Beth, we have been married for 29 years, and have three kids; Dalton, Hallie and Tanner. I have Bow hunted since I was 12 and still have my first Bow, an Indian savage recurve. I have come and gone from sports and hobbies but have never missed a season of Bow hunting.

I joined bowhunting.com forums in July of 2008 and was the 17th member to sign up. I have attended every get together and have met and made so many good friends for life. I also enjoy Bow fishing Shed hunting and weight lifting to keep me ready for each season as I get older. I also enjoy making custom engraved rocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 20 years, 13 years bowhunting

States Hunted: WY, MT, OK, KS, NE, IL

I was born and raised in Wyoming and at a young age my dad (forum member JGD) introduced me to the outdoors. That introduction influenced not only my passions but eventually my career. I've been blessed with an amazing family and the opportunity to do what I love for a living. If I'm not hunting, I'm playing with my son, playing golf or on a remote mountains stream with a fly rod in my hand.

Outside of the bowhunting.com founding fathers, I'm proud to be the longest standing bowhunting.com staff member!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 20 years Bowhunting

States Hunted: Completed the Public Land Grand Slam on Turkeys, I turkey hunt in the states of Florida, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wisconsin. Hunt Elk in Idaho, Mule Deer and antelope in Wyoming. Whitetails, in Wisconsin, Upper Michigan, and Canada. Majority of my hunts from Deer to turkeys is done on public land.

I grew up learning to hunt deer in the big woods of northern Wisconsin in the National Forest.

When I'm not hunting in the fall I spend a lot of time on the trap line. My primary trapping is K9 trapping. I assisted my father with his first Wisconsin Wolf during the first ever Wisconsin Wolf Season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 36 years Bowhunting

States Hunted: Northernand West central WI, Northern IL, NE Wyoming, Western Ontario
    Myoutdoor passions in life are hunting and fishing. They give me a breakfrom the everyday grind to retain my sanity and recharge my internalbatteries. It seems as I age, the chase is becoming much more importantthan the kill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 22, 17 years bowhunting

States Hunted: MN, WI and WY (w/DeCroo as much as possible!)

I live in St. Louis Park, Minnesota with my wife, Robyn, and our two sons, George (born May 28, 2012) and Frederick (Born December 20, 2013). I spent my youth honing my bowhunting skills on my family's property, affectionately known as Stardust Acres, with access to hundreds of acres in Northern Minnesota. Since then I have been hooked on improving all aspects of his bowhunting/videography skills including creating the "perfect" deer stand, improving his long range accuracy with my bow, strategizing and implementing trail camera setups, and filming each moment of my hunting adventures. I work as a Catastrophe Risk Analyst simulating hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural catastrophes on computers for insurance companies. Apart from bowhunting, I enjoy hanging with my wife and sons, spending time at the family cabin, camping with friends and watching movies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 22 years

States Hunted: Illinois & Wisconsin

I'm a father of 5 (3 girls 2 boys), and have been married for 11 years this year to the love of my
    Life. I've owned my own Roofing company since 2006 servicing Chicagoland. I grew up in southern Wisconsin and harvested my first deer right after completing hunter safety when I was 12 yrs old. It was a burning passion to be outdoors from that day forward. Whether fishing or hunting, I love being in the great outdoors. I self film my hunts, although it's much harder the reward is so much more when it all comes together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 21, Started gun hunting at 7 years old, traded gun for bow at age 10

States Hunted: Illinois, Kentucky, Utah & Wyoming

I love to hunt and fish, love water sports, and love water/snow skiing out in Colorado. I owned a 3-d archery range for 8 years during high school and college. Now I'm a 7th generation farmer in the family business along with my younger brother.

One of my hunting goals is to kill a 200 in whitetail on film. In 2008 I wounded a 200 + at 23 yards on film on opening day. Yeah still makes me sick. He ran on the neighbors property and he wouldn't let me go look for him. There was nothing I could do. I hit him perfect too, that's the worst part. I will attach a photo of him, with the mouse on the spot i shot him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 12 years bowhunting

States Hunted: Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Wyoming

I am an avid outdoorsman, my dad got me into the sport when I was veryyoung. I killed my first deer the same year as I passed my hunterscertification and have been hooked ever since. I love shooting 3d shoots in myfree time as well as crappie fish and food plots, food plots, food plots, can'tget enough of it. Plant it, watch it grow, and watch all your deer thrive offit.

I also like to shed hunt and just walk properties and give advice on where andwhat kind of plots to plant for best results. I'm looking forward to sharingsome food plot info and laying down some footage of long beards, monsterwhitetails, and maybe an antelope or two in the future. I'll just say it I amate up with everything outdoors! Bowhunt or Die Baby!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 22 years bowhunting

States Hunted: Illinois & Wisconsin

Family first. I married my best friend Kristie, who I met at swim lessons when I was 11 years old. We have two great kids Jack and Molly. Jack has already been 25 feet up in the tree with me bowhunting and loves the outdoors. I own and operate my landscape company which allows me to support my family and take off the time I need to chase whitetails and turkey's. I started bowhunting 22 years ago and my life would not be complete without it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

States Hunted: Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Illinois

My love for the outdoors started at the age of 4. I simply followed my dad around in the woods while he chased down grouse. I was very fortunate growing up with a dad that had a wealth of knowledge for the outdoors and a knack for getting whatever game her pursued. My dad actually purchased the 2nd ever compound bow sold in Kentucky so it was no surprise when I came full circle and started bow hunting at age 16. An incredible year I will never forget! My passion for the outdoors includes chasing turkeys, deer, trapping and an occasional fat chick out on the lake (aka Muskie). If your wondering why I didn't through grouse in there, I wish I could! The population is down so much I can't believe we have a season for them still.

Filming what I do got threw into the mix when I started becoming very successful at chasing wild turkeys. Deer hunting was soon to be drug into the scenario but its only been in the past 4 years that I was able to get the hang of knocking the bucks down on film and telling a good story. My favorite hunting partner is my fiancé Ashley Hampton and I hunt with several friends and family members and have been able to film some incredible hunts over the years with them. God then Bow Hunt or Die!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 32

States Hunted: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Idaho, Colorado, Ontario, Manitoba

I’ve spent all of my life enjoying the outdoors. My true passion is bowhunting, and enjoy my new found love of videography & photography. I consider myself a family man, and have a wife, a son, and a daughter. I’m humbled with the hunting successes I’ve had over my lifetime so far, and believe that the best years of my life are yet to come, as I watch my children get older and have successes of their own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

States Hunted: WI

I grew up hunting northern Wisconsin where we saw a lot of deer but never any big bucks. In my deer camp if ya shot a spike buck you were The Man. I always didn't like how everyone in camp would just cut the rack off and it would end up in a box somewhere in a garage. I wanted more.

Thankfully a good friend got me permission to hunt one of his farms in central Wisconsin. After one single hunt on that farm, not only did I pass my first deer but my passion grew to a whole other level! I saw what it was like to hunt a deer that wasn't coming to a bait pile. But most importantly, I saw what happens when you let those little buck go. I instantly bought a little camera and started filming my hunts.

A man by the name of Jeff Engel from an outdoor channel show saw some of my footage and actually hired me to be his camera man. We traveled across the country and he taught me everything about this business. I am truly grateful for the time that he invested in me cause the passion with filming hunts grew tremendously thanks to him. Now it's more important to film the hunt then it is to just "shoot" an animal. No film, no bueno. I also filmed for a sportsman channel production, but at bowhunting.com is where I feel at home. Great people on the whole team. I love these guys!

I have a beautiful wife Annie who has blessed me with two healthy children Chloe and Carson. I did concrete for a living for most of my working career but recently moved to sales and have been very successful at it. I also enjoy playin guitar and dibble dabble in the wedding photography and videography. I truly love this stuff. Good luck everyone. Lay em down!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 18

States Hunted: Missouri, Kansas, Iowa

I was born and raised in a small town in Missouri. My father, uncle and grandpa taught me the basic skills of hunting. After my first bow kill, at age 15, I was hooked. The only thing that can keep me out of the woods and off the water is my beautiful family. I have been married for 3 years and have been blessed with two lovely little girls (ages 3 and 7 months). My wife, Alyssa, is also addicted to the outdoors. She loves hunting and fishing and is also an avid runner. Hunting is a big part of our family and community and we intend to keep it that way.

Bowhunt or die baby!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Years Hunted: 10 years bowhunting

States Hunted: Illinois

I am 41 years old and married to the greatest wife and mother I could ever hope for.
    We have three beautiful little girls (6, 3, and 3 months old).

My passion for the outdoors was passed on to me by my uncle when I was around 9years old. Unfortunately at the age of 16 I lost my uncle to suicide and that really turned my world upside down, making me lose my passion for hunting. As I got older I moved to several other states. Once I moved back to Illinois I met my wife and we began our journey together. She really gave me the strength and foundation to take up the outdoors again. (I think there are times now that she regrets that)

I really enjoying taking my girls out with me and teaching them everything I know and learn about hunting and fishing.
    My bucket list of hunts would be an Elk, Bear, Moose, and hopefully and darn turkey one of these days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.