Mission Riot/beginner bows?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DukesArcher, Feb 12, 2014.

1. DukesArcher

DukesArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing my first ever bowhunt over the coming summer, therefore I will need a compound bow. I currently shoot recurve and English Warbow, though I'd want to hunt with a compound for accuracy and confidence reasons.
    I've seen a few of these self-adjuasatble bows like the Mission Riot and Bear Outbreak on the market, and they seem just the ticket as they don't require too much maintance and are quite beginner friendly. I'll be looking at a 50lbs bow as I intended to hunt does or wild board yearlings, plus some small game. Are there any reccomendations? I just want something basic, but that will do the job out to around 35-40 yards.

Cheers!

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When you say English war bow are you referring to the 100+ pound bows? If so I feel you will have no problem drawing a 70lb bow. Even if you draw 50-60 on a recurve or longbow you should be good on 70 for a compound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mission riot is a good choice so is the craze. Be sure to buy good quality arrows

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. johnboydeerslayer

johnboydeerslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly if you are gonna buy a mission bow go with the ballistic you wont regret it. I promise! Had one and about to buy another to shoot out of blind. Loved it wish i still had it. Gotta buu another now. At $449 from a good dealer your looki.g a a poor mans chill r with a smaller axle to axle. Fft......

5. darrin

darrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would just stick with the recurves or get a lighter pound longbow, 45-55 LBS depending on what you mean by English Warbow, if you're in the market for a new bow. Seriously man compounds are the dark side of the force in archery haha Joking, to each his own I suppose.