Deep six help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Pearce92, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking for new arrows and lookin at the easton injection or axis but they have the deep six inserts which takes different broadheads is this true? If this is true can I not use injections or axis arrows with my hypodermic broadheads? I'm just wanting someone to explain to me what the deep six is. Thanks ahead of time

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. MOBU

MOBU Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To the left of my printer(Prairie Farm WI)
    Easton arrows CAN come with "deep six" OR HIT(standard) insert which are glued in after they are been cut to lenght.

MOBU

3. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The difference between the 'Deep Six' and the HIT inserts is the thread count. You HAVE to use a fine-threaded broadhead in the deep six inserts. Your current heads will not work in the deep six inserts unless they are matched to those threads.

I see hypodermic breadheads are made for 'deep six' inserts... just make sure everything 'matches'.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  4. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There are two types of deep six inserts.... But to explain further - the axis arrows normally come with the standard HIT insert. However they do make a deep insert for the axis you can install if you want to shoot deep six (make sure the pro shop does that at the beginning). The injection is a different diameter all together and they only use their 'own' deep six inserts... So if you get injections - you are locked into deep six (far as I know)...

If you shoot deep six inserts, you need to get a deep six broadhead. To answer your question specifically - rage hypodermics are made in 'standard' diameter and deep six... So they technically make two variations of them. You need to shoot the 'proper' diameter/thread count for your insert (rather they are deep six or standard)...

Deep six has an increased thread count - so in theory it's suppose to create a better/stronger point to insert connection... I'm sure there is more complete information on the benefits on Easton's website...

5. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone! I guess the injection only comes with the deep six inserts but the axis and fmj shafts come standard with the hit inserts but will also work with the deep six inserts also.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    True statement^^^^^^^

Let me throw another wrench in here...

Easton has just released The new deep six FMJ which will use only deep 6 inserts because it has a diameter similar to that of the injexion shaft making it totally different that standard FMJ's.

7. Stick_Um_In_The_Vitals

Stick_Um_In_The_Vitals Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you want to shoot the deep six I will make a deal with you. I have 6 deep six hypodermic Rage broadheads that I purchased and I didn't realize what I had done. I cant use them on anything I have. So I will trade you those brand new still in the package deep six for 6 hypo that are the standard size. One pack is open and one is not, I opened the one pack and that's when I realized my mistake. What do you think? Sound Like a deal?

8. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I may be trying some Deep 6 FMJs this fall.