Creed vs. Helim vs. Creed xs

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Wade St. Louis, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Wade St. Louis

Wade St. Louis Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys, i am buying a new bow this upcoming year, and i haven't gotten a chance to shoot any new bows within the last couple years. so i was wondering for all you guys who have had more experience with the newer bows, is there much of a difference between the Mathews Creed and the Mathews Helim, and from there, whats the difference between them and the creed xs… I'm not looking for the specs difference, I'm very well educated on the specs haha, I'm just wondering how the grouping, vibration, forgiveness, smooth draw on them are.

im a fan of the creed xs axle to axle length for maneuverability, but there is a bow shop that is selling the Helim for 699$, and being a university student, the more money I can save, the better. so thats why I'm asking, if i bought the helim, would i really be missing out on that many extra characteristics/improvements that the creed/creed xs bring to the table??

thanks for the input!

2. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have Shot the regular creed last year when it came out as well as the Chill. I left the same day with my Heli-m, felt better to me than both of the others I shot and still to this day love my heli-m and see no need for change yet with whats out there. But obviously we all are different as hunters and archers. Your going to have to go shoot them all and see for yourself, cause at the end of the day it all comes down to what feels most comfortable for you, what you shoot the best, and what you enjoy the best...Good luck!

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Out of those three..."IMO" The Heli-m Hands down....great shooting bow!

4. Celtic Viking

Celtic Viking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot all three just last week and in my opinion I ranked them, Creed XS, Heli-M and then the Creed. The Creed had the most hand shock of all three and I didn't like the draw cycle on her, it was a little rough IMO. The XS and Heli-M both felt great to shoot, but the overall size, feel and durability of the Creed XS won the day. The Creed XS is everything I'm looking for in my hunting rig right now and I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

5. Bowhunter171

Bowhunter171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot all three and personally I love the Heli-m. Creed and Creed XS are both great bows as well but the Heli-m just fit me better. I'd say you better test shoot all 3 before you buy. Might be a close race for you. As far as missing out on anything, not in my opinion. All great bows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own and have shot all 3 hands down the creed xs takes the cake and it's the easiest bow to date I've had to tune I paper tuned it in 4 shots and it's almost the same weight as the heli m the creed xs feels more stable in the hand at full draw and the creed xs has no vibration at all the heli m has a little vibration but all are great bows shoot all 3 and see which one you shoot best and feels best to you the creed shoots awesome with no vibes an it shoots like a 32 ata bow due to the larger cam and idler and the xs shoots like a 30 ata bow the heli shoots real good also it just doesn't feel like a larger ata the creed xs has a smooth draw cycle with no hump into the back wall so smooth to draw and hold the creed and heli do have a small hump into the backwall but smooth draws I would shoot all 3 first or just look at the specs to see which would fit you and your hunting style best is what I would do.

7. SoDakbowhunter

SoDakbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Their all great bows. I just bought a Creed and I couldn't be happier..plus it was on sale:D

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I find it interesting that several recommended the Heli-M over the Creed. Not that the Creed is a better bow or anything like that. Just that the Heli-M wasn't a good seller. I am a Heli-M owner and love the bow. At the same time I have shot both the Creed and Creed XS. I would not recommend either. If I was going to buy a new bow it would be the Chill! I think it has the magic factor where the others don't!

9. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Two weeks ago I went bow shopping. I now have a HeliM (70#) and a Z7Xtreme (60#). I shot:
    Bear
    Elite 32
    Hoyt Faktor
    Mathews Creed, Chill, & ChillR
    PSE
    Strother.

I ordered a HeliM (black 60#). I just fit me the best. I was amazed at how dead in the hand and quiet the Chill was though. But just liked the feel HeliM better.

AND I am going to pick it up this afternoon. :D

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the Creed and the Heli-M and I bought the Creed last year. Both are awesome bows. I think you will be happy with either one of the three.

11. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love my 2013 creed :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have to say that machine is sharp! If I ever go tactical I will have to do the same thing! It's that extra $100 premium for "tactical" I have a hard time with. :)

13. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just sold my 2 year old Helium and bought a new Creed