Ever had a gun pulled on you?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rybo, Jan 23, 2014.

1. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The gun pulling thread got me wondering if you've ever had a gun pulled/pointed at you?

I've had a gun pulled on me by an officer once. I was fox hunting at night and when I returned to my truck, I thought someone was trying to break in, here it was an officer checking why my vehicle was parked there. I calmly approached hands in plain sight, shotgun slung over my shoulder in a non-threatening manner. He gave me the mag lite in the eyes & I couldnt see squat. He later told me he'd had his gun drawn when he saw that I was armed. With the light in my eyes, I didnt know that.

2. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes...Twice!! First time I was 18 years old living a not so good life....Long story short in and out of NY,one night I was robbed at gun point on 126th st. Guys took everything and the shot me twice in the leg,with a 22........... Second time; I was working in a Auto garage 20 sum years ago in Atlantic City,summer time so the bay doors were open the sun was down and two other mechanics and myself and maybe 2 customers.. A car pulls up three guys with guns jump out one came up and pointed a 9mm silver Beretta right at the bridge of my nose while the other two guys robbed the shop..
    Looking down the barrel,actually seeing the rifling spirals is a very uneasy sight.
    My mind went into fight or flight mode, I tried to ease my hand in my coveralls to get my "just in case" 25 auto.
    This guy tells me,"if I want to go home then I should keep my hands on the motor I was rebuilding...So I did!!!

Thank God I am able to tell this myself and not someone telling it remembering me.

3. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    More times the I can count

4. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Once when I was 13 or 14.

There was a deaf mute kid that lived down the street from my childhood home. He was probably about 16 or 17. He had been in and out of trouble his entire life. He had already stole our 4-wheeler and was caught peeping on my sister's room before.

Well I was in the backyard when I noticed him in the wooded area of our property. As I approached him, I could see that he was lighting the woods on fire. I could see several small fires already started. I screamed at him (he has hearing aids), and he immediately turned and pulled a pistol on me. I just froze. He walked toward me "talking" (he sounded somewhat like a sheep...). I then just turn and ran back to the house. My Mom called the police and my Dad walked outside with a 12 gauge. By the time my Dad made it to the woods he was already gone, but we still had to fight the fires, which eventually would burn about a full acre.

5. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never done anything that would require such a thing.

Crazy stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, several times. I was driving my truck at 20 years old or so and the guy in the truck next to us was driving like an idiot. My buddy yelled at him and he pulled a large handgun out and pointed it right at us. Another one. My buddy yelled at a guy who was on a sidewalk and he pulled a gun on us. I was at party and I almost threw a guy over a deck because he had threatened us with a gun a few years earlier. He left the party and came back with his friends, one of which brandished a handgun. Another one. I was at party and my friends got into a large fight. Unbeknownst to me, as I was pulling people off each other, a guy had pulled a gun and it was near the back of my head. Needless to say someone seriously hurt the guy before they ran off. That is all I can think of for now.

7. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1390503210649.jpg 1390503210649.jpg .. 1390503279564.jpg the pic with the double mark is where one went in and started to exit.. pretty my was lodged between the shin bone and skin. The second is lower thy.... OUCH CAN I SAY IT AGAIN OUCH!!

8. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My ex held a pistol to my head and told me he could kill me whenever he wanted. My sister was even there at the time. It was a threat to both of us.

A couple years ago I had a cop grab his gun and practically dive behind his car door when I tried to show him my insurance card. I giggled.

9. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never a pistol but had a raging mad Mexican dude going ape pointing his single shot 12 gauge at my buddy Dave and I last year.

Had some older kid come up behind me and put a knife to my throat when I was a kid... I was probably 10 years old. It was over a fishing pond dispute.

10. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, your def. from the south. LOL.

11. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    because deaf mutes don't exist in the midwest?

12. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Many years ago, when I worked in homecare I had a lady call me late on a Sunday night to come to her home because her husband was having trouble breathing. When I arrived she met me at the door with the biggest 44 mag I have ever seen. She called me in the first place and I never did know the reason she felt compelled to meet me at the door with a gun in her hand. I did my business quickly and got the heck outta there.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

13. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was working nights at a grocery store in HS when it was robbed. It was just me and a woman working there. Some guy walked in right before close, pulled a gun out of his coat and stuck it in the cashiers face, he didn't point it at me though. He just kept telling me not to do anything stupid. He grabbed some cash and left. I was 17 and scared ****less.

14. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's the inbreeding.

15. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Not really pulled on me in the same way you guys are talking about, but I did take a .30-06 bullet to the right bicep. Missed my brachial artery by 2mm. If it would have hit the artery I would have been dead. I did get a cool helicopter ride at sunset over the lake country of NW Wisconsin out of it though.

16. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I live a sheltered life (thankfully):D You guys have some crazy stories.

17. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:

Hunting accident?

18. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    The WI State Patrol and the DNR called it an accident. 20 yard sound shot as I was about to step onto an ATV trail from a 14 year old Indian kid. I call that reckless endangerment with a firearm. There's a thread on here from quite a few years ago where I told the story.

19. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I remember reading that now that you mention it. Super lucky it hit where it did.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

20. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was about 6 or 7 and my dad maintained FHA homes that were repod we took care of the lawns on weekends as a family. One Saturday night the trailer lights went out we pulled over on a 2 lane road and dad got out to try and fix them. As my dad is behind the truck mom, sis,and I sit in an extended cab dodge with the jumper seats a car came flying up slammed on the brakes and jumped out came quitely to the driver side window where I was sitting behind and told me he was going to shoot my dad and I because we shined our brites in his face. The whole time my dad had no clue what was going on. He then waled to the passenger side where my mom sat as my dad came back to the truck he saw the man and grabbed a loaded 243 out from the bed of the truck the guy decided it was time to go.