Suggestions for my action camera

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by celticwolf210, Jan 2, 2014.

1. celticwolf210

celticwolf210 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, seasons about over for us here in Georgia and I'm gonna make some changes before next season. First is an action camera. I have a wildgame innovations action camera that came with my crossbow. What I'm looking for is if anyone has this camera and has found a good way to mount it to their bow or crossbow. I'd like to make a way so that I can swap it from my bow to my crossbow without too much trouble. There was some mounts that came with the camera but none that will work for what I need. If anyone has one of these cameras, I'd love to see the mounts you have so I can come up with a mount to use it on both my compound bow and crossbow. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you looked at the bracket insanearchery.com sells?

3. celticwolf210

Dislikes Received:
  4. tlrfshr

tlrfshr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have you looked at a GoPro? I use one and have the head strap mount and the handlebar mount which I use on my Stab when hunting. I believe someone makes a GoPro mount adapter for cross bows as well.

I do know that Drift Innovations has a picatinny rail mount system for their cameras and they are a little thinner than GoPro's. Drift Innovation - Action Cameras

5. celticwolf210

Dislikes Received:
    I have looked at the gopro. I mght buy one so that I have an extra. I just had someone send me a link to a company that makes mounts for just about all action and trail cameras out there. I'm gonna see if they got what I need. backwoodswhitetails.com

6. MrFourBelow

MrFourBelow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yeah ... I looked .. saw some on ebay .. gonna end up making my own .... I have an inexpensive action cam 'cuz I know it's gonna take some abuse ... tried the mounts that came with it .. at best they are "marginal"... I used sticky backed Velcro.... (STOP LAUGHING) ....to "test" the best location for mounting on the bow... I have a pretty good idea of a design I'm gonna try to implement...