Matthews Creed or Hoyt Spyder??????????

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mattdawgg319, Nov 6, 2013.

1. mattdawgg319

mattdawgg319 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im going to get a new bow some time this winter, and can't decided which bow to go with. Anyone shooting either one of these?

2. Borgy76

Borgy76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just shot the Creed, and Chill, couldn't really tell a difference. Went with the Chill because it was a little bit faster. Sorry not much help.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Back earlier this summer, I shot Mathews Z7 and the Creed as well as the Spyder and the Element. The Spyder shot as well as the Element but I liked the carbon riser better of the two Hoyts. I remained unimpressed with the Mathews vs the Hoyts and ended up buying a Carbon Element. The Mathews bows are fine bows too though, there's probably less than a nickels difference between them all at this point.

Now with the 2014's out I don't know as I've not shot the new versions of the Mathews or the new Carbon Spyders yet to compare.

4. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot them both and decide which one YOU like. Don't buy a bow based on the opinions of people on the internet. They are both good bows,buy the one that feels/fits you best.
    For example, I shot the spider and didn't like it. I didn't like that ugly riser and to me it was much louder and had more shock in my hand. Now there will be 10 guys that say its the quitest,smoothest most elegant bow out there.
    I shot the Creed and Chill and FOR ME liked the Chill better than any of the bows I shot. So guess what....I bought it.

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^Great Advice!^ Buy the one that shoots, feels and looks best to you.
    I shot a ton of bows earlier this year when looking for a second bow and I preferred the Creed. I have a speed bow in the Z7 Magnum and I WILL NEVER get rid of it! But, I loved the feel, quietness and look of the Creed. So like grnhd said, "So Guess what...I bought it."

6. bghunter777

bghunter777 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot them both last year much prefered the Creed

7. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm waiting to shoot the creed xs and the hoyt spyder 30 this summer i'm more than likely going to buy one of the these. So shoot both of them and YOU make the choice if you can find a dealer that sells both that makes comparing them much easier.

8. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot the Creed XS and the Chill R yesterday, it pulls just the same as the regular Creed but after the shot feels a lot better, hardly any hand shock. It has a very solid back wall as always. It just pretty much comes down if you just want a 28in bow or the 30inch bow. As for the Chill R, its a lot smoother than the old Chill. I shot both Chills to see what was the difference... and not really anything, I feel like you can hold the Old Chill drawn back for longer than the Chill R. All in all, they are not very much difference from the old bows, kinda like when they had the Switchback and the Switchback XT.

9. RuggedOutdoors

RuggedOutdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the Creed after having a Heli'm. Loved how smooth and easy the shots felt to ME. But as many have said it really is what you prefer. Both bows are fantastic and I am sure you will be happy with either one.

10. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the Creed, Chill, and Spyder 30 this summer. I went home with a blacked out Spyder 30. It's really a fantastic bow!

11. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hands Down the Creed!

Review Above.

12. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like said get out and shoot them. But I'll give you my opinion. The creed is what I'm shooting this year, I've been pleased with it so far but there are things I don't like about it as well. I dont like the plastic they decided to use to have the limbs rest on, plastic does wear and they had problems with it on the competition bow conquest triumph to be exact. It is smooth and very consistent but when it rolls over into the valley you can feel the drop and that's where you loses the consistent draw.
    Then the biggest thing I didn't like that they did to the creed xs is that they used plastic spacers for the cam. Other than that it shoots identical to the original creed.

I would also suggest shooting the new Hoyt Faktor. That by far has been my favorite bow that I have shot for all the new 2014s, which have been the Creed Xs, Chill R, Bear Agenda 6 and 7, Prime Alloy, strother sho and wrath even those aren't 2014s, and then the carbon spyder.

The faktor 30 is a big upgrade in my mind over the spyder 30. The new Z5 cams and veryyyyy smooth and very consistent the whole way back. You don't have that big drop off like you do with the creed or the roughness of the spyder. It's very solid and not spongy, and its absolutely dead in the hand.

I'll be jumping ships at the end of the season and will be shooting the faktor 30 next year!

Obviously everyone is giving there own personal opinion. So get out there shoot them and decide. There both great bows!

13. NickB

NickB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hoyt Spyder. It's just a plain out great bow

14. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I ever put my Mathews down it would be to pick up a PSE. Anything else would not suffice.