questions about parker enforcer...

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by patriot223, Oct 27, 2013.

1. patriot223

patriot223 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm new to crossbow hunting and having not found a doe I shot this weekend and having one prior jump my string, I thought I'd join and get some help. I have been using rage mechanicals 100grain. My groups are 3" at 40yds shooting on the ground anyway. Both shots I have taken I have felt very confident about till I get down from the tree. The first doe I have came to believe jumped the string so I put a string silencer on. Saturday I had what I thought was a good shot on a doe had a decent blood trail some dark and some bright blood droplets for about 120yds then nothing. I felt horrible and stayed there all day looking in a grid everywhere I thought shed be but I came up with nothing except sore legs. Is it possible the rage didn't open right? I have never had a problem with them on my compound. I go up 30' in the tree , I'm curious if my arrow is taking a different path when I'm in the tree. Also, due to me practicing my serving string is starting to show some wear hopefully I will be able to attach a picture I took earlier tonight. Any help would be appreciated for this newb.

Attached Files:

2. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First of all 30 feet is the highest ive ever heard of someone going....over kill in my opinion

Second how long did you wait to track after the shot....dark blood may be liver...liver can take anywhere from 20 minutes to hours and hours to die....were there large puddles periodically....if u bumped her you could be in trouble

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

3. patriot223

patriot223 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I waited at least a hour before starting anything. I never found more than a few drops in any one place so she never bedded down.

4. freeloader

freeloader Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thirty feet up will produce a significant shot angle. Have you practiced at that height, so you're sure where to aim? At that angle, even a broadside shot can produce less than perfect results. I hit one from an elevated position, thought I made a good hit, only to have the deer travel over 300 yards. I only got the top side of the far side lung, but was able to recover the animal the next day.

Serving wear like you showed is normal, especially with Parkers (I have a Tornado). Make sure you're keeping the rail lubricated according to the owners manual

5. Brucifer

Brucifer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use 100 grain Ramcats with replacement blades for a 125 grain head giving me a 103 grain head, as they leave an easy to follow bloodtrail. I do not like Rage because I have had them fail as they most likely did for you. I always hunt from 25 to 30 feet up and the shot angle is extreme and you need to practice from your hunting heights, also a good rangefinder with angle finder is a must. I put a lot of different silencers on my Parker and found that string silencers combined wit Hushpuks did the trick and removed the harsh crack made when shooting. Any good pro shop will reserve your string for you, so be sure to have it done before your string is damaged.