NFL - Finally the regular season is here!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by raynman46, Sep 3, 2013.

1. raynman46

raynman46 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This week we FINALLY get to see our starters play for one then one series! Im excited to see what the Packers #1's can do against the 49er's this week. I think our defense will finally be able to stop Gore and Kaepernick on their feet. I think they will try to establish the run game with their zone read off the bat and fail, which will force them to throw which will be a good test for our secondary. Offense... just protect our $130 million investment that we have no back up for. Still wish we would have kept Young but we will see what Wallace can do.

What do you guys think of your teams this year?

2. nwflycaster

nwflycaster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully you won't need Seneca, but I always thought he could turn into a decent player with experience. Being a Seahawk fan I watched him play several times. He's no Rogers but he can do a decent job.

3. raynman46

raynman46 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just find it funny that we complained about Young not having enough time to learn the packers offense and we cut two guys that at least knew that but couldnt play for S***. Young could at least make things happen even though his arm wasnt where we wanted it. Now, we bring in Wallace who knows nothing about our offense and is a ? when it comes to how he plays with our offense. Im happy we have Wallace, im just not happen with the timing and the situation we'd be in if Rodgers went down. We'd REALLY be limited to what we can do.

4. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Young > Wallace....just sayin'

Packers offense will be fine, big years for Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb and Finley. Defense will be middle of the pack and good enough to win us 11 or 12 games.

Whoever is hottest in December will win it all.

But it wont be the 49ers, Seahawks or Ravens.

5. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Go Jets!

7. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  8. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....sorry.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....sorry...

9. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am a packers fan, I have little confidence that our D can defend the Zone read or the run, our O line better solidify in a hurry or Lacy and Rogers will be in trouble. More unknowns than usual, I have a bad feeling about this year.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm ready. Got Sunday ticket and a Genie for free, now I wait.

Steelers fan and I'm a bit skeptical, not liking that we cut our(who I think) best running back in Dwyer and Cowboys leftover Felix Jones isn't the answer. Todd Haley needs to focus on the O'line and running game, without both of those Ben will once again become the sack king of the NFL, he can't continue to take the hits he has been and needs to learn to throw it away.

As long as we have Lebeau I have faith, but defense can only get you so far.

11. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As a Cowboys fan, I am in a weird place. I honestly believe that they are going to shock a lot of people and make a run into the playoffs, but being a Cowboys fan, everything in me is saying don't fall for it. The team really hasn't upgraded any position (except center) so the roster is the same group of insanely talented underachievers.. BUT, they are doing the little things that they weren't doing that really screwed them in the past. They are dedicated to running the ball, they are getting more pressure on the QB, they are causing turnovers, and the major thing that I have seen which hasn't been talked about, they haven't been getting the penalties they were. They are playing a more simple game and making sure that they stick to the fundamentals.

The special teams and fumbles so far in the preseason are concerning, but they are working on the special teams and I believe the fumbles are more a fluke than anything else.

The NFC East is WIDE OPEN this year and could be won by any team.

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I feel for ya, best friend is a Cowboys fan. He's finally coming to reality. Romo wont ever get them anywhere, and until Jerry Jones steps down from being GM a rebuild is highly unlikely. Don't see him stepping aside anytime soon.

13. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm excited to see the Colts get better. Luck set every rookie passing record last year (and somehow RG3 still won roty?, ridiculous) but this year, he has a lot more protection. Not only that, but TY Hilton is an absolute beast. I look for a great sophmore season for many players on the team, and Wayne to just keep building on his hall of fame stats.

I think our D will still be pretty weak.

And if you don't follow Pat MacAffee (Colt's punter) on twitter, you should, guy is a riot.

14. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amen to all of that (as a Cowboys fan too). I'm not falling for it this year either lol. It's just a recurring nightmare. It will come down to the last couple weeks (or week again). They may or may not back into the playoffs and be one and done. I do like the fact that Rob ryan is gone and the they have simplified things. But... alas... it's the Cowboys and they just find a way to not get it done! I dont' see anything changing.

15. Dawn Assassin

Dawn Assassin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory.
    Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
    We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T formation.
    Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
    You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, Bear down.

16. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    September and October are my favorite as a sports fan. Baseball races leading into the playoffs and football kicking off.

Baltimore +8 at Denver Thursday. What's your bet?

17. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And just like that, Cowboys sign 36 year old Brian Waters who hasn't played for two years to a 1 year contract worth $3 million. I actually was intrigued to see the current O-line go through the season and think they could have evolved into a decent enough group.

18. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lions fan here, yea I know.... Last year wasn't so good, but I believe things are looking up. With the addition of bush our offense shouldn't be Calvin only. Defense is still a little suspect, but I think we can win about 9 or 10 games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

19. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Getting hammered and going for a swim in the canal was the best thing he ever did for his career.

20. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Reggie Wayne gets better with age, that guy is going to go down as one of the top 5 recievers to ever play the game with a couple Championships to his name.

Pat Mac is a funny dude and a pretty decent punter.

The Colts are serious this year.