Lucky Buck

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckeye hunter, Jul 1, 2013.

1. buckeye hunter

buckeye hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was wanting to see if anyone has ever heard or used a product called Lucky Buck. Its a brand of minerals for antler growth and gives them the nutrition that they need.. I highly recomend this product.. At first I was if-y about it but I live in Brown County, Ohio and that is all they talk about around here.. I decided to try it and it is awesome.. I am very glad I decided to try it.. It, so far, has been the only mineral attractant that has worked for me..that's in my price range of course lol

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have used it for many years and it's like dynamite with the deer. In my opinion you can't go wrong with it.

Blessings........Pastorjim

3. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lucky Buck is a great attractant but with 65% salt and 0% phosphorus it will not help with antler growth.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Attraction yes, nutritional no. It's what you desire it to do that makes it "good" or "bad" for your personal use.

5. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I dumped out a bucket after seeing folks rave about it on another forum and so far I am very unimpressed. The last time I checked my trail cam it had been out over a month and I could count on one hand the number of deer that were on it. I dumped a bag of corn about two weeks after I dumped the Lucky Buck and had a bunch of pictures, yet only a couple of deer even sniffed the Lucky Buck.

I could have dumped it at the wrong time of year, but so far, for me, Lucky Buck is a dud.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just make sure to be safe you shut that spot down with some digging up and removing of the soil and dead falls put on it...sadly in IN mineral is baiting and can't do it during season... :(

(I'm 99.99% sure you know this though but I always have to tell fellow Hoosiers just to be sure)

7. Goosepond Monster

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on cleaning it up around the first of September.

8. pineywoodsbow

pineywoodsbow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    never heard of it

9. atd

atd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Lucky Buck has high salt because deer won't over eat salt. If you look at the analysis of Lucky Buck, it has higher concentrations of key trace minerals like selenium because the deer won't over eat it. Also, phosphorus is not deficient in vegetation. The deer have access to that already. If it was added to Lucky Buck it would be a waste and it would be less desirable to the deer because it tastes so bad.

10. atd

atd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have other salt sources nearby? Because Lucky Buck is salt based, if you have other salt sources nearby that the deer habitually visit, that will negatively impact your Lucky Buck site. And since Lucky Buck is formulated for helping the health of the deer, you should remove the other salt sources. Or put whatever salt source you are using right next to the Lucky Buck and then see which they hit more. In fact, try putting Monster Raxx right next to Lucky Buck and see what happens. I bet Lucky Buck would win that competition.

11. Goosepond Monster

Dislikes Received:
    Unless there is a salt source on a neighboring property, no.

12. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use it and they love it...dig big holes with it. I'm very happy here in TN using it. It's salt, Iodine, calcium, selenium. Also, lick magic works great too. There deer here on my land in TN did not like the Monster Raxx...but like i said in another thread. Tom is a great guy..not bashing. I know it works good up North though. Lucky Buck does work well though.

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think someone signed in from another computer :evilgrin:

14. WKPTodd

WKPTodd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mostly salt, check out MonsterRaxx. Better for deer, and brings them in like a magnet.

15. Don Higgins

Don Higgins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Look at the label and see the difference. You could throw out table salt and the deer would flock to it but what does it do for them? All mineral products have some salt, the question is "how much?". I agree with the guys supporting Monster Raxx, just looking at the label tells me all I need to know.

16. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would only buy Monster Raxx if the deer on my land liked it...lol. I tried two bags Tom sent me....no luck at all really. I did try some stuff called Boneheadz as well about 3 weeks ago and deer here in TN have seemed to like it so far. Not as good a Lucky Buck...but they have been coming to it almost every other day the past 3 weeks. Not sure if it does what it says though...lol. Like I said, I would prefer Monster Raxx cause Tom is a super nice guy and had very fast shipping.

boneheadzdeermineral

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013