Mean Bean Crush

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by dbl lung, Jun 9, 2013.

1. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any pictures of their Mean Bean Crush food plot? Or has anyone had any luck planting it? I am thinking of planting this with Shotplot in the middle of July.

2. okie ben

okie ben Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_20130510_190511.jpg IMG_20130510_190502.jpg IMG_20130510_190850.jpg I planted mine several months back, i also mixed in some master plot mix. Seems to have been doing fine as of 5/10 when the pictures were taken. Hoping to get back out there next weekend to check cameras and plot. Will be posting more pictures of it then.

3. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I take it cowpeas and lablab are the grasses? In the past I have only planted turnups, rape, and clovers. That is the reason I ask. I want to plant it in the middle of July too. It has been so wet around here I am hoping it will dry out a bit by then.

4. okie ben

okie ben Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah cowpeas and lablab in that blend. Most of what looks like grass you see in my pics I believe is the oats that was in the master plot blend. The lablab and cowpeas werent tall enough to see in the pics. Hopefully it will get dry so you can get them planted in time.