PSE DNA finally in!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by chopayne, May 13, 2013.

1. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_3178.jpg IMG_3179.jpg IMG_3180.jpg IMG_3181.jpg IMG_3182.jpg

Well finally got it in. The pictures actually make the colors look uglier in my opinion. I still plan on getting it blacked out and possibly sending the bow off to get kolorfusioned in Kryptek Highlander, or possibly all black Powdercoat.

Anyways, haven't shot the bow yet as it is too late in the day, I plan on doing it tomorrow. I think it may have been tuned to 73 lbs and not 63 lbs. But who knows, we have no scale here and the last time I shot a compound bow was 2 months ago. The carbon NAP apache dropaway and stab looks great and so does the tommy hogg. Can't really complain, I just have to get all that PSE red out! My arrows as you can see are blue/black/green.

You can also see the whipper snapper 3 finger, when I was talking with the guy at Spott hogg I got the one that was not enclosed loop, he said that more people use my open loop for spot and stalk (which is what im planning on doing). Haven't tested it out yet, but im worried that the string can slip off the release as im drawing back. I think these worries are unfounded as theyre selling them, so it can't be happening to too many people = ) If I were to buy again, which I may return, Id buy the closed loop. The only difference is that you might need to make a slight click to open up the loop and then another click to close the loop to start drawing back. Or you could just walk around with it already closed and dangling, or already open loop, then attach and close loop requiring only one click. The case you see is the AW Plano Bow collector case, still $89 but it is in ugly greenish/blue. Case seems pretty stout, but I know that when I get the straps worked in and all, it will be a tight fit for my DNA. This has to do with the configuration of the bow.

You can also see the tightspot quiver I bought on a whim. I was going to get my bow kolorfusioned, so I of course needed the quiver hood to match. Well the hood can't be kolorfusioned but needs to be dipped. Anyways, I didn't time my bow accessory buying so well and got tired of waiting so I finally had the guy get the bow tuned and shipped to me instead of getting it kolored. Too bad the string arrived a few days after it got tuned!

Anyways ill be shooting it tomorrow, should be an awesome time.

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally love that camo. Congrats....there fast hard shooting bows.

3. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Yes imagine shooting 30-40lb traditional bows with wood/aluminum arrows and shooting one of these. Quite the difference. The only problem right now is my draw, I hurt my wrist a while back and it still hasn't recovered. My left wrist hurts when drawing back = \

Also this spot hogg open loop thing really does worry me, it also has a hair trigger.

4. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah...I got a hardcore Max and love it.

5. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys I also noticed the release is anondized, or atleast its very smooth, do you know why they would've done this? I feel like with gloves or rain, its more liable to slip

6. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That bow is sweet. Comgrats

7. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Grats on the new rig. You might want to check the weight. Is it a 70lb bow? if so and its set to 73 thats a big no no

8. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    it is a 70lb. Can't 70lb limbs get maxed at 73? Kind of like how 60lbs are best at 63lbs?

9. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    I also put that tightspot quiver on, even with it off before, it was a bit right side heavy. Now this thing is heavy as hell and not too good for my wrist. Im going to get a stabilizer offset, but does anyone know of any ways to mount the scope on the other side or something to distribute the weight?

10. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah...most bows will max a few pounds more. I know mine will max at 72lbs if I tighten the limb bolts all the way up. I shoot 65 lb. though.

11. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Great Bow, but I think my DL needs to be shortened by .5" and the poundage is just killing me right now. Did about 12 shots and then I was done.

12. Tara_kendall

Tara_kendall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! Do you have a WhipperSnapper release for sale? Thanks!

13. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    congrats! Good luck this fall!

14. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice setup congrats!!!

15. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Nope = ) Not only will I still be in Afghanistan, but, im living out of Hawaii. Ive heard rumors about hunting on Lanai for sheep and deer, think I might get some Hawaii hunting done since im already stationed out of there. Round trip tickets between the islands is only $150 and sleeping on the beach is free.

16. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    No, that would be the other guy. Though im still debating on whether I want a closed or open hook. You should make sure you know which one you want before buying. I didn't know the difference and bought a open hook, I hear its just a matter of getting used to.