Better target arrows?

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by Josh/OH, May 10, 2013.

1. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve decided to get away from Easton FMJ’s, which I’ve been shooting the last couple of years. I’ve found them to be too heavy and slow for 3D/fun shooting. So, I’m comparing two newer, lighter carbons; one from CX, one from Easton. Without regard to brand names, which of these specs would be better for target shooting, and why?

Size: 250 (8.1gpi)
    Length: 31".
    Straightness factor: ±.0025".
    Weight tolerance: ±1.0 grain.
    Diameter: .295"

Size: 400 (7.2 gpi).
    Straightness factor: ±.001".
    Weight tolerance: ±1 grain.
    Diameter: .234".

2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I went to the victory arrows for target shooting...light, good specs and reasonable price point for me.

There is an argument for larger diameter = more split lines amongst target shooters. @.0015 straightness difference, you may want to consider if you are a pro of shooting for lots of dough...

Spine/Size (within a single brand) generally a function of rigidity therefore arrow weight; and you bow/setup. I recommend checking manufacturers charts for guidance...I.e. 250 v 400 seems like a wide margin. Getting like spines would be my starting point between the two choices you are starting from...

3. v3505

v3505 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the Gold Tip Series 22's. Lightweight and very stiff. Slighter larger diameter than hunting shafts. a reasonable price if you get the .05 straightness.