What camo...or gillie suit?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BrentB, Apr 22, 2013.

1. BrentB

BrentB Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know there have been many threads about this but this is my first post so here I go. I bowhunt Colorado, I usually hunt elk and deer, and buy the leftover bear tag just because.i want to buy new camo, obviously something very quiet and good for scent, I also take into consideration my shape,you know the outline of my body, so there's what makes me think of a gillie suit, but unless you buy some good scent lot or something to wear under it you have to deal with scent.
    I do use scent killing shampoo,soap,deodorant,mouth spray to help out. There is also the regulator style camo, pants and shirt but has leafs on it so it kinda helps break up your shape... S I'm here to ask you guys what you think, thanks

2. tpmonaha

tpmonaha Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my leafy suit! Its nice because during the early bow season I can throw it over jeans and a T-shirt and when it gets cold I can layer up then put it over that! That isnt my only camo but its what I prefer to wear as my outer layer because it breaks me up well. I just spray it with scent eliminator spray and im good to go!

3. Bch1988

Bch1988 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Asat. It's almost mystical how good it is.

I use the 3d leafy shell so it can go over whatever you want.

Predator camo is also pretty sweet.

4. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Believe it or not but it's not so much the camo pattern itself as it is breaking up your human outline and getting rid of UV light and of course scent cover/elimination. But, I do wear hunting camo just like most do. My grandpa used to hunt in a flannel shirt with green original 874 ****ie work pants and had no issues.

5. nsimmons

nsimmons Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Neillsville, WI/ Chippewa Falls, WI/ Spooner, WI
    I really like Kings Mountain Shadow for your area and even my neck of the woods in Wisconsin. Take a look at some of the gear they have at kingsoutdoorworld.com you have plenty of time before hunting season so just watch for some good deals.

6. Camper1

Camper1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Current (6/10/12) Melbourne Australia, soon to be
    Asat 3d vanish suit, simple, robust, breathes and goes over whatever you want to wear so dress for the temperature. The colours are only brown, black and tan so it fits in with pretty much everything

7. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. ILBigBuckHunter

ILBigBuckHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Do a search for Marc Anthony. He has a ghillie suit made just for bowhunters. He consistently knocks down big bucks every year.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Leafy camo suits are great. I have a couple. I wear Enduraskin Base Layer by BPS under mine and I don't have any problem with scent.