Romo gets the cash!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Siman/OH, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    $108 million with 55 guaranteed.

Where all you cowboys fans at? You paid almost as much as we are going to for Rodgers for a guy with 1 playoff win!

[​IMG]

:evilgrin:

2. Travis R Marine

Travis R Marine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There just paying market value for a starting quarterback in the NFL. Tony has broken every record aikman ever put up. Theres 32 starting quarterbacks in the league. Romo stastically is a top ten quarterback. No he doesnt have the big one yet, however dont forget that football is a team sport. Its not just romos fault they havnt gotten it done. Yes he has thrown some games away for sure, but why were they in that position in the first place. You dont wanna have to win by a touchdown, you want to win by a landslide. The other question you need to ask yourself is who is going to replace him ? They needed to get a deal done, they have no cap room.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As a Vikings fan, it warms my heart to see these giant contracts for Romo and Flacco.

4. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Most Cowboys fans i talk with hate the guy. You are right, he is statistically a GREAT QB. But he just doesnt have that winning attitude.

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am a Cowboy fan and this is a dumbass move. He is the starter by default. There is no one pushing him. They signed Kyle Orton last year as a backup? An old guy that can't through the ball out of the backfield and lays down when someone gets close to him. So there is no fear of being replaced by a backup if he plays poorly. He got the starting job by being good enough to replace Drew Bledsoe when he started playing poorly years ago. Romo is just a stat guy. He IS NOT a proven winner. Couple that with an owner that has fried his brain in the tanning booth and thinks he is a coach too and you have the CRAP! Dallas will NOT win more than 8 games a season for the next 5 years. Their secondary can't cover a baby wit a blanket, they refuse to pay guys or replace them with someone with equal or better talent. Makes me SICK! I have been a Cowboy's fan for over 30 years. Been through the good and the bad. But, when the organization refuses to invest in a coach with a pulse or some emotion; that is not a puppet, a GM (HELLO) and quality players on both sides of the ball. I don't care to watch. If you have a young team with good players and you are building fine. But this thing of trying to win with the same bunch of guys that UNDERACHIEVED last year is sickening. Maybe one day we will be America's Team again.

6. groundhunter

groundhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing I like about Promo is that he is from WI.

7. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jerry Jones is a brilliant GM ....... Said no one ever

8. Travis R Marine

Travis R Marine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I have been a cowboys fan my whole life and remember the glory days when dallas dominated the NFL. I personally dont have a problem with romo, if anybody who hates him can step up and take his job and get us another superbowl then do it. Other than that, I will cheer for dallas every week no matter who is on the team, no matter who is the coach, or who owns the team. Whether dallad wins another superbowl is not going to change my life in any way shape or form and i dont get paid for their wins so or championships. On top of that, if it was my team, I would do the same thing with the decisions. Its your billions of dollars, you have the right to fun the team any way you want. When you go to a resturant do you tell the waitress to just bring you something ? No, you order exactly what you want. Thats exactly what jerry is doing and even if you dont agree with it or not his franchise had 5 superbowls and only the steelers have more at six. This is not including the old school championships, that title belongs to my state and the packers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

9. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Romo is the A Rod of quarterbacks. His stats may be respectable, but he seldom delivers at crunch time. But hey, Jerry and Romo...they deserve each other!

10. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only team I want Romo as quarterback is my Fantasy Football Team
    :)

11. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO!!!

12. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I might have been able to muster up one playoff win in a career as a QB :lol:. I can't or won't even try to wrap my head around this move. So many things wrong with it. ONE playoff win!!!!!!!!!! I dont' care what the stats are or where you want to place the blame. It's bad mojo man. Some athletes just don't have the "it" factor to win. It starts with the leader (or lack thereof). The good and the bad. Dallas will be a non factor for the duration of this contract... as they were during the last one. Especially now! He got his payday and guaranteed bank. Nothing left to drive him to perform. If he REALLY wanted championships he would've structured it during free agency to aquire some people around him. He was the only one that could've freed up money. No offensive line, guy that can't coach someone out of a wet paper bag, owner that should be on meds, etc..... WOW
    Very true. Unfortunately they are on the teams i like lol

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know if I could think of one QB that has choked more than Romo ... there are talents out there that do this...he is the epitome of them ... and I LOVE it! I hate the Cowboys almost as much as the Patriots and Jets ....almost...

Jones has proven that Jimmie Johnson was 100% the reason,they had the run they did ....

14. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go GIANTS!!!!