Road rage, guy gets beat down, pulls a gun....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Aaron, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting story... Share your thoughts.

My personal thoughts... Everyone made bad decisions... Guy attacks boys in car... Bad for him... Boys get out of car and beat down guy... Bad for him.... guy's wife pulls gun and gives to guy.... bad for boys.... COULD have been really bad. I would've took my whippin' and got back into my car. Firing a few I'm a Bad A, Don't ____ with me shots has this guy in deep... and gives another black eye to the gun toting community.

[video=youtube_share;6odfxxi4Zcc]http://youtu.be/6odfxxi4Zcc[/video]

2. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts are don't start none and there won't be none. I carry all the time, and I make sure I don't ever start a fight, no matter how much the ****** bag has ticked me off. If you're going to carry a gun, you have to keep a level head. Same reason I never drink. If I'm drunk, I shouldn't have my gun. And I love my gun. lol

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not really clear on what the kids did to cause the guy to attack them. With that said, the guy did appear to attack first and it appeared that the kids used force to stop his attack and then retreated once he stopped. The second that guy grabbed a gun he advanced his position and appeared to be closer than 21'........in NY those kids could have probably shot him legally at that point. He's a tool bag, and very lucky those kids weren't legally carrying. When you carry you need to be prepared to retreat and never escalate. Hopefully the kids also learned a lesson to never do whatever likely provoked this incident.

4. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I never get two guys beating on one guy and acting cocky.

But yeah. Don't start it in the first place.

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dude with the gun deserves what he gets.

Two kids defending themselves from some guy who thinks he's tough.

The kids very well may be punks, and deserved to be corrected, but if your tough enough to follow and pull in behind them, then be tough enough to keep the gun lowered when they've retreated.

6. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not enough footage to tell what happened except Mr. Turner got his tail handed to him. The main point is he got out of his vehicle when he should have stayed in it. The other two should have kept the doors locked and drove off. I had it happen one time to me in heavy traffic. I finally pulled out a .38 and told the man if my window breaks, I will shoot. Its amazing how the sight of blued steel soothes the savage beast. I never did know what set him off except maybe I drive too slow for him. He was aggressively tailgating me and everyone else he got behind before it all started. Thankfully, it all ended without going any further but I was plenty scared about what could have happened.

7. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    Think can of wasp spray. 28' range and only cost a couple of bucks.

Yeah. We only see what the kid videoing wanted us to see and the second guy sure was ready to jump out and double team this guy. I smell a set up.

But agreed. Stay in the car and keep going to wherever your going.

8. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you're going to carry, you've got to set your SOP to any situation...

My personal conviction (and one that pretty much adheres to law) is that I'm NOT pulling my weapon unless I have the absolute need to kill. It's not a toy for showing off, which is what he was doing here.

If I ever face charges or court time for pulling my piece, it'll be because I was shooting at someone attempting to kill them -- and I can live with being arraigned after that point, because I'll know it was either them or me.

Despite the guy getting his *** handed to him, this was clearly not that case. He was in danger of a black eye (which he got), not losing his life.

9. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He was not justified in anyway shape or form.
    I am a huge advocate for the right to carry and wish I could.
    BUt the problem with this video is that he was the agressor in the first place.
    No saying that the 2 teenage guys were right but once they got the best of him they did walk away.
    Either way its gonna F*&^% us with all of this gun law and bans they are trying to pass

10. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly Greg. I'll not introduce a gun unless I'm planning on using it. A hitch wrench goes a long way to showing someone you're serious.

11. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wasp Spray... I never thought of that but that is a pretty good idea. Or pepper spray which definitely should do the trick.

12. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guy brought a gun to a fist fight. Makes him a dousch. He started it in the first place and didnt like the outcome (Getting beaten up by punk kids).

Dousch.

13. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys like that make everyone who carries look bad.

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This......

15. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just remember
    "its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

16. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah way to much bad in this situation. Pretty sure them kids wanted trouble, if they stopped and let him come up to their car. Hard to tell, looks like they were pulled over, not stopped in traffic or anything. So they more then likely could have just drove away. But yes, the guy shouldnt haven got out in the first place. I drive a lot, heck I drive for a living, and people tick me off on the road all the time. But, I can not think of a single reason I would want to get out of my car/truck and fight. So so so often I wish I could have a word with a few drivers, level headed and explain to them something like what happens if pulling out in front of a tractor trailer just to save a few seconds. The pain that can cause their familys and friends. But, I cant picture wanting to fight someone just because they are dumb. So, that guy didnt help anything. And the wife bringing a gun to a ticked off guy who just got his *** kicked as the kickers are walking away is pretty dumb too. Not a great video thats for sure.

17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Terrible. I am with Greg, I am only pulling out my gun if I plan to use it to take a life. I am not taking any "warning shots" or "wounding shots". That guy and his wife are imbeciles. We have a lot of guys in their 30's and 40's who think they can still fight when they haven't been in a physical confrontation in 20 years, don't play any sports, and are mentally weak. And when they get their butt kicked by in shape teenagers who are constantly in physical condition and fight all the time, they lose and lose bad.

I remember when I was 18 and was hanging with some friends the day before I was to depart for football camp. Some 30 year old drunk guy and his friends drove by and started running their mouths. I am not going to lie, I was scared. Next thing I know they jump out of the car and one strikes me two times, sending my teeth through my lower lip. After a prolonged fight, I knocked the guy out cold and my other buddy ko'd the other one as he was attempting to get out of the car. Like I said, they thought they were tough guys picking on some teenagers minding their own business.

18. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    I just heard about it myself. Thought it was a great idea though because it shoots a straight stream 28ft. 8ft for peeper spray is still to close. IMO

19. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    Speak softly and carry a big stick.

20. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That guy is a tool and his wife obviously shouldn't be touching a firearm. He got his a$$ handed to him and even though this video has a lot of bad that part is funny to me. Nice mugshot...is there a black eye smiley?