Just Cannot Decide!!! Please tell me I am not the only one.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NC_Bowhunter, Mar 25, 2013.

1. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I purchased a new Blackout Hoyt Spyder 30. I was 100% sure that was the bow I wanted after shooting a plethora of new bows....I have a HHA site I am thinking about putting on it. Not 100% sure yet though....Here is my dilemma....With all the great new products on the market I am struggling to decide what arrows, stabilizer, rest(Probably a QAD being that is what I have used the last couple years), release(I hate the one I am using now), and possibly sight. My head has all but exploded from looking at website after website, review after review....I am debating switching to a handheld release as well which really throws in a curveball....Am I the only one that experiences these buying pressures lol??????

2. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No, I spend hours. By that I mean like hours of days and weeks and months researching. What do you think ive been doing this whole time?

I went from QAD to NAP after I found out that QAD isnt that well compatible with PSE DNA Bows.

3. BIGROB6480

BIGROB6480 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did the same when I bought my Mathews chill, it took about a month and then It seemed like it all fell into place, ordered them online the day after they came in the pro shop called and my bow came in, and now that everything is on and about 300 arrows have been threw it I wouldn't change a thing. sooner or later it will all come together for you.

4. Sean1

Sean1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been changing a few things as I go. Learning as I go too. I changes releases this year. Agonized about it. Went with hardcore max. Love it. I think these hook style wrist releases are the real deal. Switched sights. Had a truglo micro adjust. Couldn't stand it. Looked around and bought an axcel armortech hd. Really like it. Thing is, there are so many quality products out there, there aren't many bad choices. Good luck

5. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only time will tell you what works and what don't. I've changed releases, stabilizers, peep sights, and even draw lengths. It seems like it never ends with me. lol

6. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Its good your not the only one LOL I was in limbo for weeks about the sights I wanted for my new Bow but finally settled on one, its on the way now!

7. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I keep changing my mind. My bow is 6 months old and has had 2 sights, 2 rest and 2 stabs on it. I'm done with stabs and thought I was done with sights then CBE came out with the new TEK Hybrid and in a dove tail version at that. I'll probably be selling my 3 month old TEK Hunter and buying the Hybrid Dove tail. I'm not done either. Found a different rest I want to try and still have the quiver issue to debate with myself. Your not the only one. Glad I'm not either.

8. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Lucky you, everytime I decide on a bow im a minute too late. Either theyre gone in the classifieds or I find out that its a long freaking wait from the manufacturer. I finally decided to order all the accessories so that I have them on hand once I can finally order my bow.

9. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am glad I am not alone....I ordered it 6 weeks ago and I look at stuff almost everyday and still am not even close to making a decision...Mostly on arrows, release and rest...I am pretty sure I am going to go with the QAD HDX in all black but I am not even close on the arrows lol....That is going to be sad when I go and pick my bow up on Friday and cannot shoot it because I have no arrows lol....

10. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    whats so hard about the arrow picking? I just got carbon express. I ended up going with NAP Apache Carbon Drop away.

Im opposite your situation. Getting all the accessories but have NO BOW.

11. Angelo Fotopoulos

Angelo Fotopoulos Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I love the Ripcord Code Red Rest, after looking at and messing with a hundred or so it has all the features that I like/need also they make an SOS version too for those that want the drop down to stabilize their arrows just a little bit longer. After looking at and messing around with a bunch of different releases I ended up going with the Tru-Fire Hardcore Max Release Buckle Foldback as it is a very user friendly dependable and durable release. My choice in arrows were the Gold Tip XT Hunter carbon's. All my choices were made from gathering info from numerous sites and talking with a lot of friends that bow hunt/3D shoot. It's all about the research, some trial and error but mostly research and what works best for you... hope this info helps ;)

12. Growler

Growler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I go through that every time I buy something over $75 or so. Actually, most of the time, to be honest for every purchase (unless I am doing some late night inebriated amazon shopping :D). I dont consider myself cheap, or a tightwad, I just feel the need to research something to death before spending money.

And the funny thing is? I usually end up going with my gut, and getting my first choice. I can't wait to see what shopping for a bow is like this summer :D. Ill make the call right now "PSE Stinger or Brute X from Huntersfriend.com" or something awesome I find in the classifieds here :beer:

13. Angelo Fotopoulos

Angelo Fotopoulos Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    P.S. I'm absolutely in love with the Spot-Hogg Right-On Bow Sight... super sweet sight!

14. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought the Tommy Hogg 5 Pin wrapped. 2-3 week backorder = \

15. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it can drive you nuts with so much to choose from. Try narrowing it down to 1-2 items for whatever you are looking at. I am in the same dilemma with buying a second bow as a backup. I hope it gets easier for you.

16. Jamesinator

Jamesinator Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've walked around for an hour, picked up 4 different rests, or sights, or whatever I was looking ats and sat the all back where they went. My ace in the hole is normally my dear wife. She looks at the packaging, weighs her options, and suggests the one she would buy.

Shes no bowhunter, but she's yet to lead me astray!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

17. Goin4-200

Goin4-200 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nope that is normal! if your gonna spend the money make sure it is customized to your needs. Translation more success and confidence!

18. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys....I am not brand specific so I will get that out of the way. I have used so many good products from different brands and it just makes it hard to decide sometime...Hopefully I will make the right decisions soon enough...It is really hard to go wrong these days so I will be sure to post some pics when I deck it out....Thanks again!!

19. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nah, you're not the only one to be overwhelmed by all the neat stuff available now.

Try narrowing your search to products made in USA. Companies like Spot Hogg, QAD, Black Gold and others. Carter and TruBall make their releases here

When it comes to arrows, hardly any are made here, most are out of country. Beman and I think Easton are the only ones made here from what I can find. (I shoot Carbon Express, they fly really well for me)

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure - Mark Twain