Fixed Blade but which one?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MNHUnter191, Mar 18, 2013.

1. MNHUnter191

MNHUnter191 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i hve been playing with the idea of swithcing from my rear deploying mechanicals to a fixed blade head, not from any problems at all, i do love the rage but i want to try something new while i can. I dont see the point of just shooting them the rest of my life if there is something better out there that will force me to take the better shot and hold more respect for the game. the broadheads that i have looked at are Hellrazors, muzzy mx4s and slick trick magnums? has anyone shot these and had any experiences good or bad? im just trying to see what people have noticed with them? i dont think i need the penetration that they bring i shoot 70 lbs with a 29 1/2 in draw with a 300 shaft axis and even the field points hit much better than anything ive ever shot. but please all feedback on these heads would be appreciated?

2. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Over the years I have shot 2 blade 125 grain bears with a bleeder blade, 125 grain 3 blade thunderheads, 3 blade 125 grain muzzys, 2 blade 125 grain rage and now I shoot 125 grain swhackers. Can't help ya on the three your looking for, but if you have ever wondered on the swhackers there one hell of a broadhead. I am impressed and will be shooting them again this year. Like I have told other people, just by putting a swhacker in your hand you will see a difference.

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like the muzzy mx3 or hellrazors.

4. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree...love my Swhackers.

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting Slick Tricks for the last three seasons and really like them. I too switched from a mechanical because I wanted to simplify my setup. I never had an issue with the mechanicals, I just wanted simpler.

I chose the Slicks for several reasons. One, they fly very well out of my setup (295fps). The biggest reason I chose them is because they're tough as nails. ALL steel construction. The body is solid steel. The blades are one of the thickest in the industry. All that leads to bone splitting power and durability.

I couldn't be happier with them.

6. elkaddict

elkaddict Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone tested the toxic broadhead wonding how they fly the design looks like it will create a good blood trail.

7. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I was going to write out a nice response, but this is what I was going to write almost word for word. Except I shoot Slick Trick Magnums :D

I shoot 70lbs at 30", and I have never shot a deer and not got a passthrough. I actually lost one broadhead in a tree that was behind a doe I shot. The tree didn't want to give it up!

8. Jdicenhour

Jdicenhour Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot muzzy 100 grain 3 blade for the least few years this year i want to change up an include a fixed an expandable broadhead. For a expandable I went with the grim reaper 100 grain an for a fixed I am going to go with the g5 striker 100 grain. Reason I chose the g5 is because the body is a one piece design with replaceable blade an through my search it looks as if both my choices are good ones but only time an spilt blood will tell the truth. Reason I'm switching from muzzy is because sometimes it seems to take a lot to get them to fly close to field points but they are still a good broadhead

9. breazyears

breazyears Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I only shoot with slick trick. They fly great, and are solid as a rock.

10. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another vote for slick tricks. They fly great and blades don't bend like Muzzys.
    I shoot the Viper tricks though. 1/8" more cutting.

11. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have played with the grizztricks and they were awesome. I'm also a huge fan of the muzzy mx-3.

12. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the 100gr Muzzy MX-3s this past season. Really like these broadheads. I'm debating on giving the SlickTrick magnums a trial for this coming season though. Not that I'm unhappy with the Muzzys I just like to switch things up from time to time to try new stuff. Also because I'm wanting switch to 125gr so I figured id just get the 125 Slicks and try em out.

13. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be shooting the NAP hellrazor this year. They are solid COC head, which I was looking at for my new set up and they fly great.

14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Slick Trick Magnums

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts(4 blade) for my upcoming hog hunt and have been very impressed with their out of the package sharpness and penetration. You just have to be real careful putting them on, or you will cut your finger. They are that sharp.

16. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SlickTricks are a great fixed head choice.

17. deerct1011

deerct1011 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slick tricks for me, shot one into a tree and one blade broke everything else fine. Shot two deer with them complete pass throughs on both.

18. scooters

scooters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The two heads I tried out last year was the slick trick vipers and the exodus both work well the exodus is a tough head. Try a couple of different ones, one may work better than the others for you.

19. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a Magnus guy. Their simple to sharpen, lifetime warranty, and very cheap money wise.

20. commando

commando Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to wait till the new Muzzy Trocar comes out I really like the specs on these.(if they ever come out)

Really like the mx-3's last year.Swackers are my go to mechanical