Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by munnj, Mar 18, 2013.

1. munnj

munnj Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the market for a new bow and have been testing some of the bows out there. I shot the Mathews Creed and it is a good bow but i need a longer draw so for me it wasnt a smooth draw back. The Bowtech Experience is another bow I tried out, it is pretty light for how big it is. Had the weight set at 65lbs and while it wasnt hard to draw back it was not super smooth. It is a fast bow but is hard hold a full draw and has a tendency to want to jump on you. The Hoyt Spyder 34 is a great bow, i like everything about it. Super smooth bow, can hold it at full draw forever and shoots straight and fast. Had is set at like 62lbs and it was super easy to draw back really smooth and did not jump like the Bowtech did at full draw. The spyder 34 is going to be my new bow just have decide on what color strings I want to get.

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats...you got the best brand out of those 3

3. antlers125

antlers125 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Don't cut yourself SHORT- look at PRIME bows if you are able

4. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hoyt makes fine bows. I'm sure you'll be plenty happy with it.

5. wadeniebuhr

wadeniebuhr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the Spyder nice shooting smooth bow. Bought the Creed I got one hell of a deal and liked it a little better. The spyder was priced close to retail

6. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot Bowtech for years and just for the heck of it I stopped at a bow shop on the way home last Friday that sold Hoyt bows. I tried out a Charger... all I can say is WOW - what a bow! I could easily draw 10# more with that bow than I could with my Bowtech. Like munnj said, "Super smooth bow, can hold it at full draw forever and shoots straight and fast. Had is set at like 62lbs and it was super easy to draw back really smooth and did not jump like the Bowtech..."

Anybody want to buy a used Bowtech?

Munnj... I know you'll enjoy your bow alot! HOYT sure makes an outstanding product.

7. scooters

scooters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    X2
    I just sold my Vector 32 and bought the prime Defy. Tried the spyder and liked the smooth draw but the defy was an overall better bow jmo.

8. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd hate to be in the market for a bow and not have any idea what I wanted.... There are so many Awesome bows out there that are just that, awesome. By every company out there... I once hated PSE, thought I'd never shoot one... but alas, now I have one and absolutely love it. They've come a long way, before that, I had Bear, Bowtech, Hoyt, and Elite. There are things I loved about every one of them.

Still have no desire for a Mathews though. :evilgrin:

I'm sure you will love your choice! Good Luck with it. Post some pics when you get it. Those Spyders look really good, I held one at the shop the other day... Felt great in my hand. Hoyt makes one of the best "hold in the hand" bows out there.

9. deerct1011

deerct1011 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree you need to shoot the Prime and Elite bows as well.

10. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hoyt is a good choice.

11. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last year when I was looking I chose the Hoyt over the Bowtech. Because for me it was smoother and quieter. My second son bought a Bowtech a couple weeks ago and loves it. My oldest son loves Mathew bows. Just depends on what feels good to ya. Love to see a picture of it

12. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love love love the mathews I had. The bowtech I have now is really growing on me. However, there's a guy at work that is getting a new hoyt spider that I really can't wait to see and hopefully shoot. I really like the specs. Historically though, I don't like the way they feel.

That's why they make different bows!

Post up pics or as far as we're concerned, you don't even own a bow.

13. munnj

munnj Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will post pictures as soon as I get it, probably in the next couple weeks. I am still trying to decide on what color strings to get for the camo bow, and waiting to see what dealer gives me the best deal.

14. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not in the market for a new bow but I'm looking forward to shooting the spyder. I did get to shoot the Creed and the ZXT and I liked the ZXT a lot better. I love my Z7x and the ZXT felt like a smoother version of it.

I agree with what others have said though, there are a lot of great bows on the market outside of Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech.

Enjoy the new rig!

15. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Hoyt Charger is an awesome bow. Scoot

16. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What he said. There is a ton of options out there besides those 3 brands.

17. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you found a bow you like.

18. Fordf100

Fordf100 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello , I just purchased a new bowtech experience which will adjust to a 31 inch draw length . That was my concern also. I shot them all ( pse, Mathews, Hoyt , ) the bowtech far surpassed my expectations . I am not a brand name buyer I buy what works best for me refused less of brand. Go check one out is all I can say . I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

19. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went with the Spyder Turbo. I think you'll be very happy with your choice.

20. JustinR

JustinR Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I loved my Mathews Switchback, sold it after a bulging disc in my neck. Didn't shoot for over four years and wanted to get back into it. I had shot Hoyts before and liked them, so did some research and decided I'd see how the charger shot next to the spyder. No comparison, the spyder was quieter, faster, and way more smooth. It cost about $300 more but I love it and glad I went with Hoyt.