Team 2 - Final Roosting Place

Discussion in '2013 Turkey Hunting Contest' started by ZXTMike, Mar 15, 2013.

1. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, I'll go first. Mike Svoma, from west central Wisconsin, here. This will be my first year turkey hunting with my bow. Just bought a Mathews ZXT this year and can't wait to use it. All my past hunts, for turkey, have been with a gun. I hope to get a chance at this guys older brother from last year. This one scored out at just over 70 pts, NWTF.

Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! I'm Paul, I reside in the U.P. of Michigan but hunt a lot on my families property in North Central Wisconsin. Not much of a turkey hunter, hoping this contest gives me that added motivation to dedicate more time towards hunting the old long beard. Normally find myself doing more whitetail scouting/shed hunting than turkey hunting. Look forward to meeting everyone, was teamed up with sparrowhawk in the deer contest!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  3. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!!! Whats going on team? Spring is around the corner and I am getting pumped for turkey hunting.I will be hunting out of a Primos Double Bull shooting an Elite hunter. I have never taken a turkey with a bow but came super close a few times last year. My season runs basically the entire month of May and a friend I hunt with ill be filming the last week of April first week of May. Hey Pure glad to be teamed up with you again man. How long have you hunted turkey? My passion is hunting whitetails with a bow also, but that first gobbler off the roost on a spring morning gets my heart pumping. Nice pictures Mike, that's a really nice gobbler, and truck also!

Lets throw out some team name suggestions....

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  4. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I've hunted turkeys off and on since my teens, but that usually consisted of 2 or 3 days in the field, that will change this season. Ive never killed a turkey in the spring but have in the fall. I'll also be in my double bull with my Elite GT500 filming it all. I'm sure I'll be throwing questions off everyone as the season grows nearer.

Some possible team names
    Team Cluck'em Up
    Team Final Roosting Place
    Team Purr Up Or Strut Up
    Team Last Strut...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like "Team Final Roosting Place".

6. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MechDoc checking in! My name is Kevin and I will be hunting in the Northwest corner of Illinois. This is my second year turkey hunting my lease. I had a real nice tom come in at 40 yards but he was behind to much corn stubble for me to get a shot off(using Bow). I dont have a huge population on the property yet so it will be slow at first. My season is 4/14-4/19. Good luck to everyone this season. Msvoma44 I like that for at team name.

7. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The wife says........Team Strut Your Stuff.

8. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here in Wisconsin, we have a drawing system for turkey tags. If you forget to apply by December, 10th, you can by leftover permits in March. Of course I didn't remember to apply, so I bought one this morning. I got one for unit 3, period C, which is April 24th-April 30th. I will try to get one for unit 4, period D, which is May 1st-May 7th. I have permission for both units.

Who wants to be team captain?

Not me.

9. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to have you on the team Kevin. Looks like you have a super early season. Mike, sounds like some really good dates you'll have to hunt also. I have been seeing a lot of turkeys in fields while driving lately. The season can't come soon enough! I will be team captain if the team is in favor of that. Have we come to an agreement on a team name? I think Final Roosting Place is the winner? Mike since you created the team thread could you edit the name? I'll get an avatar made up if anyone is interested. Got to represent team 2!!!

10. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I'm good with both SparrowHawk for team captain and the name Final Roostin Place. Hope we're able to knock down some birds!

11. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I second what Pure says. Sparrowhawk as captain and Team Final Roosting Place as team name. So let it be so.

12. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kevin, I changed the name of the post, but how do I change the name of the thread?

13. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Thanks for the welcome! I had to take that early time frame due to my hunting partners schedule. I will try and get OTC tags through out the season.

14. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

You or SparrowHawk can send a PM to Dubbya(forum moderator) and he will fix it for us.

15. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just a little thread bump......update.

Team name - Final Roosting Place
    Team Captain - Jared (SparrowHawk)
    Fellow Bird Killers - Mike (msvoma44), Paul (purebowhunting), Kevin (MechDoc), BoneDriven

MechDoc will be putting an avatar together for your signature lines, right Kevin?

Still looking for BoneDriven. Are you out there?

Mike

16. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I sent a PM to bone_driven, no response, hope he checks in soon.

My Wisconsin season is the first week of May, Michigan's season starts April 22, so I have a bit before I get things kicked off. Hope to get some shed hunting/scouting done before then.

17. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where are you hunting in Wisconsin, Paul?

18. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know......I changed my username from msvoma44 to ZXTMike today.

19. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Tigerton/Wittenberg area if you're familiar, along with some public property near Rosholt. The name change did confuse me for a second, Mike. Here is a hunting question. Ever put turkeys to bed then say midnight go set up a ground blind on them to not spook them then get in early am. I want to up my odds with a ground blind but in the early morning hours seems like a lot of action to try to get away with while they're waking up.

20. ZXTMike

ZXTMike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know that area well. I used to drive through Tigerton (when I lived down by Milwaukee) on my way up to Antigo.

I have been doing that with my blind for years. No lights and be very quiet. If you need to pound in stakes, use a rubber mallet or a dead blow. Works great.