PSE Brute X and string stretch

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by wetley49, Mar 3, 2013.

1. wetley49

wetley49 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've put about 70 shots through my bow. I've noticed the d loop and peep sight are twisting around. I've done some research on here and figured out its my string breaking in and stretching. My question is, how long will this break in period last? I'm going to get a new string before deer season but I don't want to keep using this string if its going to stretch so much that it'll affect my sight pins. I've read a lot about the vapor trail strings and will probably go with something like that after turkey season. Any PSE users go through this with the factory string as well?

2. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just replaced the string on my Brute x. That factory string lasted me a good year of abuse. I did have to use the peep with the rubber tube but now I'm Vapor Traillin it and I like I like :)

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your buss is 452x and string is 8125....and will twist some. I just ordered a new set from Hutch n son on here. I got the BCY Trophy....it wont twist.

4. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yeah..........big up !!! to all PSE shooters and a special head nod to all the Brute X'ers like yours truly

5. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    I love mine...shot a LOT of bows in that price range...kept going back to PSE. I have a soft for PSE and Hoyt anyway....lol

6. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Average settling it period for a new string is approx 20 shots. If a string is built correctly 5 to 10 shots. Pse is using 8125 for the strings it is a faster material but not stable. 452x or Trophy are the way to go if you want stability. Also some not all but some Pse's are Tough to stabilize peep rotation. It can be done with the proper build.

Hutch

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What about missions zebra hybrid strings?

8. Sean1

Sean1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My guy tells me get 200 shots through the bow when I get new strings, then we tune the bow and get everything set for good. It's a starting point. I've had a set of custom strings that settled again about 1000 shots in. Normally, custom strings built right will be better than the stock ones, but stock strings are getting better.

Lots of good builders out there. A guy named breathn on AT has a good following especially among the PSE shooters. Good luck

9. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    I can't wait to get mine...Thanks again for the great string. Can't wait to see it in person. The pics sure looked nice Hutch!

Wetlet49...here is a pic of my new one that Hutch made me.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?46052-New-Bow-String-is-finished

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  10. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't know I have never used them. I do know that you shouldn't have peep rotation after 50 shots. It would be a nuisance to me to think I bought a new string and it keeps moving up till 50 or 100 shots. Strings stretched, twisted and served in the right direction shouldn't move after a few shots then the peep should settle in and your good to go.

Hutch