2013 bow reviews

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by outdoorsman838, Mar 1, 2013.

1. outdoorsman838

outdoorsman838 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, new to the forum but wanted to give my take on the bows I've recently tried out. So in the last week I've tried the mathews chill, mission ballistic, bowtech assasin, bowtech experience, hoyt Spider, hoyt carbon, mathews Creed and the hoyt charger. I put around 20-30 arrows through each bow. I wasn't looking for the most expensive or name brand bow, however somehow I ended up with the three top dogs. ( I did try a couple of pse and bears, nothing worth writing about. Just not my comfort.) When it came to the mathews I found the chill to be an amazing bow, smooth draw, nice Valley, and fast. The bowtechs I tried were just as great the assasin was fast but felt a little rough after the shot. For the money it is an excellent bow. Now to the Hoyt, both the carbon and spyder are excellent bows, pricey but very smooth fast and light. Now to my pick, the Hoyt charger. This bow beat out most of the bows i shot because of the price point and extremely nice draw and dead in the hand shot. Even up to the spyder this bow was awesome. I bought the bare b I w fir $550 and threw on the parts I wanted. I realized you dont have to spend $1500 dollars to get a bow that makes you grin from ear to ear after every shot. Granted this is all my comfort and opinion, just thought I would share a little bit.

2. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! I have heard nothing but good things about the Charger. Hoyt makes an awesome bow. I have a Rampage XT myself.

3. outdoorsman838

outdoorsman838 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely man, my brother has had that bow for a year and loved it.

4. deerct1011

deerct1011 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You should have shot an elite bow. Next time try one.

5. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new charger! I have shot that one my self and will admit its an awesome bow and shoots great!

6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats....Hoyt's are great bows. I have owned 3 Hoyts and loved everyone of them.

7. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Or he could continue being happy with his choice.

8. Marshall Law

Marshall Law Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This ^

9. outdoorsman838

outdoorsman838 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I probably should have tried an elite, but after the charger (for me) I didn't see any other bow feeling as comfortable in my hand. No after setting up a 30 yard range on my property and couldn't be happier with my decision. And thanks guys.

10. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's the important thing.

11. Fubar

Fubar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know you said you tried some Bears. I just got my Bear Motive 6 a few weeks ago and I just love it. I've owned Mathews, PSE, Strother, Diamond, Martin and Hoyt. It's smooth and very fast. I would own everything made is I could afford it.. LOL.

12. lemmybuyUabeer

lemmybuyUabeer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How boring would the world be if everyone had the same interest in everything?? It's pretty hard to go wrong when buying a modern compound. They will all take game and all that matters is each individual shooter likes what they chose and gets comfortable and confident with it. If you're happy, that's all that matters.

Congrats on the new bow.

13. outdoorsman838

outdoorsman838 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man, I agree!

14. Billy Pulsifer

Billy Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i shot quite a few bows as well and pretty much the same bows, i tried a lot of PSE's and for me it boiled down to the charger and the new PSE Drive, being a PSE fan i went with the drive but it was such a close call between the two i had to go with my comfort with PSE i like the small grip and the new planar system. it just fit well for me. Congrats on the Charger!

15. yardmonkey98

yardmonkey98 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just purchased a PSE 2013 3G Stinger and love it! Keep in mind that this is a budget bow, meaning that it's not going to require the credit card to buy it, like some of it's competitors. For a $300 stock bow with a pocket limb design I must say PSE has came around as of late. They put the HP cam on this years model as opposed to the later years and what a difference. Now the draw is extremely smooth and feels like more than 75% let off at the wall. All in all, I would recommend this to the budget bow hunter. Plus why spend $1000 more for a few feet per second faster, these are rated at 314 fps stretched out. Oh yeah and as far as noise, my buddy has one those $1000 bows and his is louder. His words not mine.

16. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody shoot a PSE sinister yet??? Haven't heard much on em an was tryin to look into one as an option.

17. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have...I liked the Brute X and Prophecy a lot more. Shot the Prophecy yesterday.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  18. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the couple reviews I found said that the cam is an extremely aggressive one so its little bit harder to hold at draw.

How do you like your brute x?

19. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Little late on here, but I own the Charger and love it! Dead in my hand and dead quiet. Smoked my first buck with it this Saturday, so that obviously helps!