Alright! Need a new bow between $400 and $700 and looks an performs great. GO!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckhunter1415, Feb 25, 2013.

1. buckhunter1415

buckhunter1415 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Post pics if you can, I like a smooth draw and looks. havent posted in like 7 months. Feels good to be back on the site. Thanks. P.S all comments welcomed.

2. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a mission ballistic. $450 at scheels $500 at some places. I love it. Same cam system as the mathews chill. Cant wait for it to arrive in a few weeks. I put over 50 shots through one and couldnt tell much difference between it, the chill, and the creed. Couldnt justify spending $900 for a bow when the ballistic felt very similar. Cant go wrong.

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    PSE Hammer

4. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This ^^^
    Or another bow i really liked in that price range is the hoyt rampage, hoyt charger. But the ballistic is very good for the money, thatd probably be my choice on your budget. But shoot a few diff brands, most companies have solid bows within your price range, and choose what feels best for you. Good luck.

5. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Look at the G5 Quest line, Hoyt Charger, BowTech Assassin, Mission Ballistic and check out the new Bear line. All of those are fine bows for the money.

6. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your options in that price range are incredible. It's hard to find a bad bow these days. Try a bunch and buy the one that feels right to you.

7. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Take a look at the Hoyt Charger, one smooth drawing bow for $499 bare bow. Scoot

8. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If smooth draw is what you're wanting, take a look at Elite, Strother and Athens bows.

Elite offers a lifetime transferrable warranty.

With your budget, taking a look at a used premium bow is an idea you may entertain. I bought mine a year old from a fella that gets 2-3 new bows a year because he enjoys new stuff. There are lots of shooters out there like this, and it can mean great deals for those of us who don't have such deep pockets.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure - Mark Twain

9. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you want brand new, the Elite's are hard to beat.

If you want a bow from the "big 3" (Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews), you can get some awesome deals on used bows. I bought a "new" bow last year, a year old Bowtech Destroyer for 400 less than MSRP. If you take your time and look, asking lots of questions and pictures, you can get a bow in near mint shape for a lot less.

10. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The hoyt charger would definately be at the top of the list for that price range.

sent from my samsung note 2

11. Kctinner71

Kctinner71 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check out PSE they have alot of bows in that range also some of the older bowtechs with CPL's are real sweet (captain, commanders, admirals, generals etc.

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No one bow is better than others brand new...now one bow will fit and feel better to you than others brand new...go forth and search! :)

13. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree... I'm like PSE and Hoyt best...but that's because they fit me best. I would look and the new PSE Hammer though...smooth draw and very fast. Pick what you like best.

14. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's my thoughts on some bows, bear motive $600-650, misson ballistic $500, hoyt charger $600-650, pse bow madness $600-650 if you wanna go over the budget a tad look into the Mathews Zxt $700-800, and now some steals I see your from michigan, jays sporting goods had two pse omens for $500 this past weekend when I was there and I almost bought one just because that is super cheap! Also bears in st. Charles had a few Hoyt vectors for $635 which is another steal! Hope this helps you out.

15. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I went to buy the Hoyt Charger a month or so ago. They had one Hoyt Rampage XT left and I bought it.

16. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's like buying a car. What features and performance do you want. You said smooth draw and looks. Do you prefer solo or dual cams? Do you like a grid lock riser or a more "solid" looking one? Do you care more about speed or quietness? Is weight an issue for you? If you provide more info perhaps we could narrow down the choices

17. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i bought the ballistic i wish i would have shot the charger but they didnt have one when i bought the ballistic so thats what i got

18. Jhoyt

Jhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got back into bow hunting this past year and bought a hoyt rampage xt and love it!

19. buckhunter1415

buckhunter1415 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a bear mauler 6 months ago on a whim, and i hated the huge hump i had to deal with when i pulled it back. I like split limbs or narrow singl limbs. I have no idea what the difference is between solo or dual cams, quietness is a huge plus and weight doesnt really matter. style of the riser, i like the gridlock and anything like the iceman or the carbon element. I love you guys input so far.

20. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any opposition to buying used?