Any Diamond Deadeye users?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Acts of the wolf, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Acts of the wolf

Acts of the wolf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have put a few down range with someone else's but not enough to for an opinion good or bad. I did order one the other day on clearance, the RAK kit for $499.00. Anybody use these and what are your opinions? Thanks .

2. VERMONTSTER_0341

VERMONTSTER_0341 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one this past summer, took a doe with it in october. over all im happy with it it shoots well and is pretty quiet. only a couple of complaints 1. i have my dl set to 27.5 and when matching the # from the draw module to the draw stop module it was almost like the draw stop wasnt in the right place, it felt like it was keeping me from drawing back into the valley so if i relaxed even a little it felt like it was ripping the string out of my hand. all i did to fix it was move the draw stop back one hole and now it draws right into the valley perfectly and i can hold it all day. that being said the bow is technically "out of spec" because the draw mod number is supposed to be the same as the draw stop number. 2. the grip on the diamonds SUCKS IMO. they are cheap plastic and if you get a little moisture on them your hand slips, at least for me. that was actually an easy fix too, just took off the grip! without the plastic grip you are left with a very skinny piece of the riser as your grip, kind of like a focus grip from mathews, the best part is is that the riser's camo coating is very "grippy" and works much butter IMO. Overall im satisfied with it and how it shoots. hoped that helped some!

3. Acts of the wolf

Acts of the wolf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info Vermonster.

4. ddssbayy

ddssbayy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    great bow, but on the owners manual it says youth bow which is not true. Do not let the youth part fool you any adult can shoot this bow.

5. josephmrtn

josephmrtn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a diamond core and agree the grip sucks! I wrapped mine in paracord and love it

6. nwmono

nwmono Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Diamond Justice which also had the plastic grip. Didn't care for it, got ahold of Bowtech ( mfg. Diamond) & at that time they were offering wood grips for a few different models. Definitely better than the plastic. Don't know if that's still an option or not.