homemade bowfishing equipment ?

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by bowhunterleroy, Feb 15, 2013.

1. bowhunterleroy

bowhunterleroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ive been kicking the idea around of doing some bowfishing but im curious if i can make my own shuff, theres not much on the internet about guys making arrows/arrow accessories and reels but im curious how many make their own gear and have great luck, durability ect...

2. Digger

Digger Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Made this from youtube! Shoots good, 45#. Pvc inside Pvc with a fiberglass rod inside. Haven't used it bowfishing yet. Redneck Bowfishing.jpg

3. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly I just used an old bow, took a reel that's the push button type and mounted it above the rest with 2 zip ties an some duct tape :) then took an old aluminum arrow wrapped the fishin line around the arrow thinly hot glued it and then put some thin layer of duct tape round that. Used a old 4 blade muzzy modded it to a 2 blade and wallah! You may not get the idea but ill get pictures if ya really want em,

4. BRVRY

BRVRY Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Used a chair rubber end cap, mountain dew bottle, old arrow, muzzy tip, 200lb test muzzy line. Search: how to make bowfishing kit. On youtube. Found a couple ideas off of there.

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I make my own arrows,i buy 5/16 orange fiberglass shafts from Manards for $1.99 use a bench grinder to shape for knock end. All you need are the fish points and slides